Post Interview Thank You Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ketafol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how this thank you card business works. Do you guys send them to everyone that interviewed you, or just the program director? What do you say? Snail mail, or email? Do you personalize it with anything you may remember from the interview? Do they actually get read or make a difference? Chime in with any other comments that you have. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wondering how this thank you card business works. Do you guys send them to everyone that interviewed you, or just the program director? What do you say? Snail mail, or email? Do you personalize it with anything you may remember from the interview? Do they actually get read or make a difference? Chime in with any other comments that you have. Thanks a lot.

Most handwrite, snail mail to all interviewers. Some email. Probably doesnt make a bit of difference which. Might make a tiny difference by not sending thank you letters. No one will ever really know for sure.

Most handwrite, snail mail to all interviewers. Some email. Probably doesnt make a bit of difference which. Might make a tiny difference by not sending thank you letters. No one will ever really know for sure.

I once was complimented for the post interview thank-you note I wrote to the hospital administration and the doctors I interviewed with, by a recruiter.

I figure it can’t hurt, and could help. Plus what else are you going to do while you are sitting in the airport or flying back coach with no meal and no movie.

Members don't see this ad :)
Plus what else are you going to do while you are sitting in the airport or flying back coach with no meal and no movie.

:laugh: I don't know why but this cracks me up

So do you just write the PD? What if they didnt actually interview you? What should you say? Thank a lot. This hoop jumping is starting to get a little annoying.

Does anyone really send these? I did for my first few interviews. Just wondering if they are a waste of time?

Gah!

My arm is about to fall off...
Is anyone else spending the entire thanksgiving weekend catching up on thank you cards? curse the schools with 6+ interviewers...4 down, 17 to go...:rolleyes:

Do you send a card to each interviewer? That seems a bit overkill to me. I just interviewed at a place which treated me very well. I thought of sending one to the PD only, while mentioning the others who interviewed me in the note. Honestly though, what address do you use? and do you address it to the PD or the coordinator? Yes, it is common courtesy, but I also don't think they want a hundred of these going across their desk.

Do you send a card to each interviewer? That seems a bit overkill to me. I just interviewed at a place which treated me very well. I thought of sending one to the PD only, while mentioning the others who interviewed me in the note. Honestly though, what address do you use? and do you address it to the PD or the coordinator? Yes, it is common courtesy, but I also don't think they want a hundred of these going across their desk.

you may have a point. i just posted 7 cards (6 interviewers + 1 coordinator) to the same address. i think i will reserve this obsessive treatment only for programs i am extremely interested in from now on.