Post interview offers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blur

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To help everybody figure out where they stand, I think it would be a good idea if we posted the names of institutions currently offering interviews. I'll start of by showing my cards: UMich, Northwestern, Duke, Children's of New York (Columbia), Emory, Tufts.

Best of luck to all.:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Received so far- St John's Michigan, Driscoll Children's, Maimonides, NY.
GM

duke, emory, baylor, chop, musc, utsw, scott&white, wake

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviews at Buffalo, St. Christopher's, Tufts, Schneider/Long Island Jewish, NYU, and Children's Memorial/Northwestern.

Can those who have received interviews let us know when you submitted your eras application. Was your application complete before you got interviews?

Thanks

got some more. vanderbilt, mayo, suny downstate. My application was sent out on 9/3/03 and it was complete.
GM

I received my first offer-nyu. sent out my application last week.

hey bumd, do you go to a philly area med school? Haven't heard of anyone getting chop interviews from around my neck of the woods yet...

Interviews at Baylor, UT Houston, UTSW, University of New Mexico, Sefton at Austin& Phoenix. I submitted my app9/17 and it is still not complete (waiting on another LOR and of course dean's letter and transcript).
Has anyone heard from a cali program yet????

I've gotten interviews at: University of Chicago, Medical College of Wisconsin, Madison, Northwestern, Oregon, Duke, Children's Hospital of LA and CHOP. I submitted my application September 30th, and have my transcript, and a couple letters of rec.

Has anyone heard from DC/Hopkins?

I turned in my app last week (10/2) and have gotten interviews at UC Irvine, USC, Children's LA, University of New Mexico and University of Nevada...I don't have my Dean's Letter in yet and don't have all my LORs in yet. I heard from UC Davis, but they said they're not giving out interviews until after they get the Dean's Letter November 1st.

Anyone heard from UCLA, Loma Linda, or Cedars-Sinai?

Anyone applying to Med-Peds programs as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anybody heard of specific programs that will not give interviews until all the LORs are it etc?

Anyone heard from Stanford or CHO Oakland?

New interviews over the past 2 weeks: CHOP, MGH, Colorado, Children's of LA, Rainbow Babies.

Few responses from the West Coast. No UW, Stanford, UCSF, or UCLA emails.

Hopkins and Boston Childrens also have yet to reply (although Boston Children's posted a message saying that they weren't making decisions until the first week of November).

I have heard from some of the programs already mentioned...U Mich, U Wisc, Med. College of Wisc...and will add one that hasn't been mentioned....Wash U.

Hey guys,

as a current peds intern at hopkins, just wanted to let you know that hopkins doesn't even start reviewing applications until after October 31. So don't sweat it! Good luck! And feel free to ask me questions about hopkins if you'd like..i also interviewed at chop, dc childrens, university of chicago and boston.

So far I interview offers from:

Christ Hospital, University of Chicago, Wisconsin, Med Coll of Wisc, UIC, Wash U, Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Mayo, Oakland, USC.

Good Luck to all!

I haven't heard from columbia or mgh-when did those of you who got interviews submit your application?

keeping my fingers crossed.....

UTSW, Baylor, CHOP, DC Children's, Miami Children's

Submitted application on 9/15-- completed today.

Still haven't heard from Children's Hospital of LA or Cedars-Sinai.

I hope it's not regional. :confused:

Originally posted by kudaw
I haven't heard from columbia or mgh-when did those of you who got interviews submit your application?

keeping my fingers crossed.....

I applied early Sept. and heard from Columbia a few weeks later. Just got a note from CHOP that they won't review apps until both USMLE and school transcripts are in.

Interview offers from:

Mt. Sinae (New York), Rochester, Northshore, Albert Einstein (New York), NYU, St. Christophers, Children's National, Brown, Tufts, Tulane, Baylor, USC ,UCI, Children's Hospital of Oakland

Gook luck everyone!

I applied categorical peds, just in CA ( app in on 10/13). Offers so far from USC, White Memorial, Loma Linda. UCLA and UC Davis e-mailed to say they don't offer interviews until after Nov. 1. Still waiting on the rest!

I've heard from nyu,chop, mgh, columbia. has anyone heard from cornell?

Interview invites to Children's Hospital of LA and UCSF last week.

Only three more to go!:clap:

gotten so far - chop, columbia, cornell, nyu, ucsf, stanford, cedars-sinai, usc, hawaii and some random ones i don't think i'm going to keep

waiting for - oakland, dc, ucla, children's la, children's oc, ucsd, irvine, einstein-montefiore, sinai

anyone have any idea if interviews are still being given out? i got columbia last week and they were only able to offer me a couple dates in late january. :( it seems like i'm waiting mostly for southern cali programs...anyone have any idea if they give out applications regionally or discriminate against opposite-coasters, thinking that you probably won't go there?

thanks.

Been meaning to post for awhile but haven't gotten around to it...

interviews offered so far...

USC, UC Irvine, UCSF, Univ of New Mexico, Univ of Nevada (Las Vegas), Children's LA

Got emails from UCLA and UC Davis saying they won't give out interview offers until after the Dean's letter...well, now the dean's letter is out! Hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

Been on three interviews already...this is getting tiring! I can't imagine doing this till the end of January!

The only so cal program that I haven't heard from are UCLA and UCSD. Got Cedars today. (I applied to ALL of So cal)

You can add to my list:

CHOP, Pittsburgh, UVA and Boston Childrens. Still waiting on UW, but have been told they will start to send out offeres soon.

Ed

Add Hopkins to my list.

Still waiting for Cedars-Sinai to throw me a bone.

Anyone else get an interesting email from Cornell that all interviews are booked but if I want to be on their waitlist I should email them. This after getting intervies at Boston Children's and CHOP. Yet to hear from Columbia though.

This Cornell thing really pisses me off.

i got an offer from cornell around 11/3 and it was difficult to schedule a date because most were full. i got columbia last week and they only had a few dates in january left.

i was getting bummed today because dean's letters have been out for over a week and i'm still waiting to hear from a lot of places. so i called one school to ask if my application was still being looked at, and they said that they sent me an interview invitation early last week by email, which i never got. :confused: what the heck?

anyway, the ones that i still care about and am waiting on: ucla, la children's, children's oc, ucsd, children's national.

first interview later this week at cornell...wish me luck!!! and good luck to everyone here. :spam:

Originally posted by slurpeee76

anyway, the ones that i still care about and am waiting on: ucla, la children's, children's oc, ucsd, children's national.

What's the matter with the California schools? It seems like no one has heard from certain schools like UCSD, UCLA, etc. It's like they intentionally want to play with our minds. UC Davis and UCLA send out emails saying we won't hear from them until they receive the Dean's letter and now no sign or word from them! :mad:

It seems like the emails aren't coming as fast as I thought post DL...

heard from Loma Linda and Mount Sinai (nyc) today! Still waiting for UCLA! (I'm forever a Bruin)...

Anyone heard from Harbor-UCLA or Children's OC?

I called up dc national and they said that they had sent out all interview requests already which is strange because they are still supposed to be accepting applications....

OK heard from UCLA today. So that just leaves UCSD as the only school that hasn't replied. Is that the general conses from people on So cal schools? Or have people heard from SD? We should try to open a forum for programs to discuss what we think about these programs as we interview.