Post-Bacs that let you into their school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

America1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know which programs all but guarantee acceptance to their parent schools.

Members don't see this ad.

i think most programs are doing away with this since it is looked down upon by the lcme as a "back door" into med school.
and i think it was from smps not post bacs.
there are a handful of smps out there that will guarantee you an interview if you meet certain criteria.

Does anybody know which programs all but guarantee acceptance to their parent schools.

acceptance is never guaranteed. Most post-bacc programs offer a guaranteed interview towards the end of the cycle for students who meet certain GPA requirements. From what i know, post-bacc programs are great if your GPA has suffered and are looking for a boost. If you do well in them, most schools will look at that as a definate plus, HOWEVER, if you don't do well in them, you kind of messed up your opportunity to show the admissions committees that you can succeed in medical school.

From what I have heard, and this is for Osetopathic Medical school, many of the students at PCOM-Philadelphia's post-bacc program were waitlisted last year but eventually everyone got in. hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
UNT's MS in medical sciences (formerly postbac) doesn't guarantee you in but thus far 100% of those students who have finished the program with a 3.5+ have gotten into TCOM. sucks for those who don't make the 3.5 because they aren't even looked at.

from what i've heard RFU's postbac program (not sure what the official name is) used to automatically accept those w/ 3.0+ but they've also done away with this.

There are programs out the like what you describe, but the only one I remember is Crieghton Medical School's post-bacc program, and it's for under-represented minorities.