Post-Bacc Rankings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Chupacabra

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know whether there is a website or magazine that publishes rankings for post-bacc programs? Also, I am applying to 16 programs...is that way too much? I guess I have no clue which programs are competitive.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of a list but may i ask what programs you are applying to?

good luck! :D
al

I am applying to USC, hopkins, Goucher, wake forest, bryn mayr, colombia, boston, brandeis, drexel, tufts, loyola, uconn.

Members don't see this ad :)
harrypotter,
may I ask where you plan an applying to? Mike

hey mjf:

i'm just applying to tufts, duquesne, uconn, and upenn

i wish i could be applying to more, but most of the programs wouldn't take me because i have too many of the prereq's done, even though they are like 9 years old... still peeved about that! :laugh:

i really wanted to go to usc, but again too many classes

did you think about scripps?

Al,

I am applying to scripps, its the closest program to me. How many pre-reqs have you taken?

Mike

mike

let's see, the easiest way for me to put it is all i need is: 1 qtr of o chem and 1 qtr of physics lab and 2 qtr of bio classes.

that's good you're applying to scripps, i've heard good things about their program.

al

I have taken 1 year of bio, a W in chem 1, and an A- in the associative lab. Do you think I will have a problem with some of the programs you have choosen to omit? Oh, I have also taken Cell Biology

hey mike,
i don't think you would have any trouble with those programs. my problem was that i had taken too many classes. you don't have that many prereq's done so i think you'll be fine! :D

i had written to most of the programs and they told me that i had done too many classes...

good luck to ya! :cool:

al

I'm applying to Johns Hopkins, Bryn Mawr, Columbia, Georgetown and Northwestern.

hi AlphaKi

are you doing the special masters at georgetown?

No I am not qualified to go to that program. I noticed that they had a standard Post Bacc program as well as the Special Masters. Here's the link:

http://www.georgetown.edu/college/premed/pbpm.htm

I still have to take Physics, Bio, Orgo and plan on taking Biochem and I've always wanted to go to Georgetown Medical School ( I am Catholic ) and this could be a good first step.

But, I will have all of my 'other' ( behavioral, English, math ) as well as Physiology, Anatomy and Microbio out of the way ( all of them As or B+s ) so I feel I can handle it.

alphaki: is the program structured or does it just allow you to take courses at georgetown?

my brother went to the special masters program and when i visited the campus, it was awesome! i hope you get in! :D

cool, i'm catholic too! :laugh: have a good weekend