Post-Bacc/Masters Programs: VCOM, TOUROCOM, UNT, LMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FauxMinkFur

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently looking at postbacc/smp programs that have direct pipelines into their respective DO schools. So far, the only explicit pipeline I saw was for VCOM's program (maintain a 3.6 gpa). I've heard the other schools have similar pipelines as well, and was wondering if anyone had any experience/information regarding their programs.

If anyone is currently in/has completed these programs, please let me know how it is/was and what your stats were to get in.
Likewise, if anyone knows of any similar programs, please let me know.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated from the UNT-HSC SMP and I can tell you that about 40-50 people were accepted into TCOM's class when they applied during the program. That's a significant portion. They do NOT offer any guarantees about # of students, etc. but there is obviously a notable preference for Medical Sciences students. The anatomy department designates Med Sci students to be tank leaders when they at TCOM during their first year.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m about to start my second semester at VCOM’s SMP. 55/114 students were accepted into VCOM’s campuses following the first review, and we still have 2 more review dates. One for students who took the MCAT during winter break, and another for students that were able to meet the benchmarks following second semester grades.

I thought the curriculum was challenging but doable if you’re willing to put the time in. Exams were mostly fair, and the faculty is phenomenal.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile