• Forums Updates - Tuesday at 1:00 AM Eastern
    We will be performing some system maintenance on Tuesday, June 11 starting around 1:00 AM Eastern. The forums will be unavailable for approximately one hour.

Post Bacc Institution in Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toto

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please do know in institution in Northern in Virginia that offer a Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program. I was in the Engineering Field and now Math Teacher. I decide and more resolve to do my job dream since my high school years.
Thanks for any response

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know of any in Northern Virginia but University of Maryland, College Park has a Science in the Evening program that is geared towards returning adults.

While the 495 commute is not convenient, I think it is a very good program.

Hi,
I'm a postbacc in Northern VA too. I went to UMCP for undergrad, and I took the post bac organic chemistry evening classes. (All of the UMCP post bac classes are at night). I highly recommend that program. Other programs I know of are:
- Georgetown post bac 1 year program
- UVA part time, non degree seeking premeds (2 classes per semester)

You could look into taking the classes at NOVA too, but having the university premed department is very helpful. The premed office at UMCP keeps all of your letters of recommendation and will interview and evaluate you as well. I just started looking into UVA, and they have a great premed program as well. Please let me know if I can help with any other questions.

:)
u2ecila

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi I'm in Northern VA and I did my post-bacc work both at NOVA (CC) and GMU after finishing my undergrad at Va. Tech. GMU doesn't have official pre-med post-bacc program but I applied through extension program but this program has limited credit hours you can take.
So the next semester I applied undergrad biology program. I just took several classes to boost my undergrad GPA without getting another Bachelor degree at GMU. It was alright but I did not like the biology program at GMU. I didn't like some bio professors. The pre-med committee at GMU tend to mock pre-med students somehow.
Anyway I applied 1 year Masters program (Biotech) at Georgetown and attended there for 2 years taking undergrad and extra grad courses. It was great that I could take any of the science courses that I was interested in. I think as long as you have completed basic pre-med requisites, it works perfectly well to strengthen your application even if you're not in official pre-med post-bacc program or masters program. You can also take undergrad level courses while in grad school.

As you already know Georgetown has both excellent pre-med post-bacc and Masters program (Biophysics and physiology).
American University has also post-bacc premed program.
Hope this helps.