Post-Bacc Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CDH

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good loan programs for post-bacc study? I have been googling for hours and can find nothing relevant.

Members don't see this ad.

as a postbac student you can at some schools get Stafford Loans. However, what you could do it is apply as a second BA student to a school or program and you'll be eligible for Stafford and maybe Perkins. You don't have to complete the BA. Just apply so that you can have the funding to do your prerequisites.

I finished my pre-reqs post bacc this year. I was considered a 2nd bacc. degree student and qualified for financial aid. But, I was not qualified for any grants since I already had a degree. Just talk to your FA at your school...they should have all the info you need.

I agree with the above posters. I had Cal Grant and Perkins during the first degree... and ALMOST had those paid off before deciding to come back to school.

I applied under a "second bachelors" and qualify for loans, but no grants.

The way I look at it, people wouldn't blink an eye to drop 30K on a ride that will depreciate... why worry about taking loans for your BRAINS??? (hopefully something that will APpreciate!!)