Post-Bacc Choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coral Blue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been stressing about which post-bacc would be best for me of the ones that I have been accepted to. I have received admission into San Francisco State, Chatham University (Masters in Biology: Non-Thesis), CSU East Bay and Elms College. I have been weighing the benefit/cost for each school and trying to come up with a school to best suit my needs, but I wanted to also share this information here in case anyone has a suggestion.

About me:
I am a California resident, graduated from UC Davis this past Spring with a flat 3.0 GPA. My mCAT was a stronger 508, but I have already come to terms with the fact that I might have to take it again since I might go over the 3 year deadline. I want to mainly improve my GPA with this post-bacc, and then apply to M.D/D.O programs in the next year or two.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi @CoralBlue. I'm on the same page as you in terms of doing a postbacc before applying to medical school to boost my gpa. I don't have answer to your post, but I wanted to see if you decided which program you'll be choosing? I'm interested in attending SFSU, Chatham, and East Bay, so i'm curious as to how you decided.