This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedMe831

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm just gonna get right to it, if anyone has any success stores and advice with my type of stats, I would gladly appreciate it!

Major: Biology
GPA: c. 3.32, s. 3.1
State: CA (born, raised, graduated college)
Extra Circulars: Lots of international/volunteering and local volunteering in CA. Student Teaching experience and a lot of underserved volunteering.

I'm a Filipino/Samoan/Chinese student, female, I'm planning to do a Postbacc or a Masters program for a year, and I'm getting certified to be a Medical Assistant after I take my MCAT this upcoming July. I have lots of international volunteering experience and a lot of local medical experience too.

Any Postbacc programs or Masters programs that can possibly be a chance?
I was looking at:
1. University of Hawaii Manoa - Post bacc
2. University of Reno (Nevada) - Post bacc
3. University of California San Diego - Post bacc
4. George Washington University - GCATS
5. University of Pittsburgh - Masters
6. Charles.. masters program (UCLA)
7. Midwestern University - Masters
8. University of Colorado - Masters (ashukwitz campus?? I think that's the name)
9. University of Utah - Masters
10. ANY OTHER PROGRAM.

PLEASE if you guys know anything, help a friend out! Thank you so much! Any advice would be great as well!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please edit your post to remove all of the identifying items in your ECs. You do NOT need to be so specific.

Hi guys!
I'm just gonna get right to it, if anyone has any success stores and advice with my type of stats, I would gladly appreciate it!

Major: Biology
GPA: c. 3.32, s. 3.1
State: CA (born, raised, graduated college)
Extra Circulars: Lots of international/volunteering and local volunteering in CA. Student Teaching experience and a lot of underserved volunteering.

I'm a Filipino/Samoan/Chinese student, female, I'm planning to do a Postbacc or a Masters program for a year, and I'm getting certified to be a Medical Assistant after I take my MCAT this upcoming July. I have lots of international volunteering experience and a lot of local medical experience too.

Any Postbacc programs or Masters programs that can possibly be a chance?
I was looking at:
1. University of Hawaii Manoa - Post bacc
2. University of Reno (Nevada) - Post bacc
3. University of California San Diego - Post bacc
4. George Washington University - GCATS
5. University of Pittsburgh - Masters
6. Charles.. masters program (UCLA)
7. Midwestern University - Masters
8. University of Colorado - Masters (ashukwitz campus?? I think that's the name)
9. University of Utah - Masters
10. ANY OTHER PROGRAM.

PLEASE if you guys know anything, help a friend out! Thank you so much! Any advice would be great as well!!
Read this:
Goro's advice for pre-meds who need reinvention

Reactions: 1 user