post bac programs for Occupational Therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syeh3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey what are some really good POST BAC OT programs for a student who has no previous knowledge about OT but has volunteered in a rehab center?

Members don't see this ad.

There are lots of schools that have post-bac entry-level Master's programs. Look on the www.aota.org website and look at the list of schools. They list whether they do post-bac or BS/MS programs or both.

I have no idea what the "good" ones are. There is the US News and World Report ranking from 2008, but things are subjective for you. I guess you will have to research that. From this board, it sounds like getting in to OT school can be tough.

Did the volunteering let you see what the OTs were doing? "No previous knowledge of OT" sounds a bit risky.

I'm wondering if everyone jumping into the career because it was a bad economy know what they are getting into. Because I jumped into a master's degree in computers in the 2002-2003 time frame. Then realized around the time I graduated that I really didn't like it.

I could really use that money now to go to grad school in OT.

... whichever one is chepest. (and they have at least 75% pass rate for the board exam).

Members don't see this ad :)
are there specific post bacc programs for OT schools? My GPA is really bad because of my freshmen year GPA for the most part, due to general chem and math... should I still go to post bacc to retake these classes which aren't required for admissions, but need them to boost GPA?

are there specific post bacc programs for OT schools? My GPA is really bad because of my freshmen year GPA for the most part, due to general chem and math... should I still go to post bacc to retake these classes which aren't required for admissions, but need them to boost GPA?

I don't know if there are any Post bacc programs specifically for occupational therapy, however there are ones that are just for health science in general and if you sign up for one of those programs, you will most likely take anatomy,physiology, and possibly a psychology course, among other things.