Post-bac help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djcazador

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently graduated in March 2016 and am looking into Post-bacc programs and need some advice on what would be right for my situation. Main focus would be boosting GPA and studying for the MCAT. I had been admitted into a MS program therefor have never taken the MCAT but have taken GRE. Mainly looking in California but open to programs in other states. Most pre-reqs taken excluding Human Anatomy. Potentially may have to retake courses that schools do not accept the AP credit(Statistics). Have been looking at KGI PPC but information is a bit scarce.

Stats:
cGPA: 3.23
sGPA: 3.37
GRE Scores: Verbal: 148 Quant: 148 Analytical: 3.5 Going to retake the GRE, did not study whatsoever for first test due to circumstances of the MS program I was applying to (only needed a score).

EC's:
-Around 330+ hours in hospital volunteering
-Approx 2100+ hours in undergraduate research in cell and molecular biology lab
-President of University College Tennis club (not sure if even worth mentioning)

Work Experience:
-Paid for research (approx 4 months)
-Lab Technician at Umbilical Cord Blood Bank (current) (trying to get more involved in research side of company)

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

perhaps an MBS program focused on academic record enhancers may be good for you. SMP program affiliated with a medical schoolwill also be good being that some have programs that will help you with the MCAT, will allow you to take medical school level courses and (depending on program) will offer you guaranteed admission or interview to their medical school.

I don't think you should take GRE over since Med schools care mostly about MCAT.

So get yourself into a good MBS prgoram that will allow you more experience with coursework and a MCAT prep program and you should be good.