Post Acceptance Rejection??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Z

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get accepted into medical school, but was subsequently rejected due to not meeting the school's acceptance conditions. ie Not finishing a degree before classes start in August. I am a master's student who was recently accepted to medical school but am worried I will be rejected becuase I will not be getting my degree until after classes start. Just curious if there are others in my shoes.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you ask the med school what they would do if you didn't finish your Master's prior to matriculation?

Yes. I am still awaiting an official reply from them. Just wanted to see if others have encountered a similiar situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
My primary doctor from the last place I lived said that he was finishing up his MS during the first few weeks of medical school running back and forth between his two schools which were both in Chicago. The medical school did not give him any problems.

shouldn't be a problem really since it's not a requirement for matriculation.. not to mention there are scores of med students who are concurrently enrolled in a masters program (mph, mba, etc).

Don't listen to these people! It could very well be a problem. You need to contact your school ASAP. I was in a similiar situation as you when I started med school, and I feed confident that they would have revoked my acceptance, if I would not have finished by the day I started med school. They were very clear about this and reminded me several times before starting school.

Different schools have different rules. Find out what the rules are now so that you can prepare for them or else you might get screwed.

I'm in the same boat. I know that SLU, Case and Med. College of Wis. will reject you if you don't finish by the date you stated on your AMCAS.

When I interviewed for SLU, the interviewer told me that if I don't finish by June 10th, the last day of school where I'm getting my master's, then I'm out.

Check with your school ASAP.

I was told by the school that it is not a problem. :D