Post-Acceptance Motivation (or lack thereof)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Latest update: Got a 93 on my biochemistry "final" after going to less than half the classes and studying for approximately 1-2 hours the night before. I got the same score on the previous test and busted my balls for three consecutive nights in the library.

Seriously?

I hope you've learned your lesson.:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Latest update: Got a 93 on my biochemistry "final" after going to less than half the classes and studying for approximately 1-2 hours the night before. I got the same score on the previous test and busted my balls for three consecutive nights in the library.

Seriously?

Studying much longer doesn't always mean better grades. You have to study and really get into it for all of the time you spend studying.

Members don't see this ad :)
Studying much longer doesn't always mean better grades. You have to study and really get into it for all of the time you spend studying.

Well, you can't get much higher than a 93 anyway. So you could study for three weeks more and still get roughly the same grade. But I agree, studying for many hours doesn't mean studying well for many hours or studying the right stuff.

Well, you can't get much higher than a 93 anyway. So you could study for three weeks more and still get roughly the same grade. But I agree, studying for many hours doesn't mean studying well for many hours or studying the right stuff.

Unless your school uses the +/- system, always aim for a 90. It's still an A.:smuggrin:

Organic final at 6:00PM... can't get an A, need a 61 or better for a B...

motivation = 0

That's how 3/4 finals I've taken so far have been. Had 2 yesterday and 2 today, have one more to slay tomorrow and I'm home-free. Undergrad no more!

I had my Ochem final today. I needed a 44% to pass with a C or better. Not sure if I did it lol, I think I did okay! Got an 80 *kicks nearest object* on my Anatomy final and missed an A- by 1.5% Other than that, Med Micro final in the morning, and really not too concerned. Going into it with a 96% over 3 exams. Should be fun doing 100 multiple choice questions about how you should panic if spots show up on your junk.

Man, I wish I was on semesters instead of quarters :(

We've still got like a month to go until graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Genetics in 30. Should be fun considering I haven't been to class in 2 weeks.

EDIT: EZ Select Mode. Lazy professor says -> "Hm I'll just staple the old exams together, BAM INSTANT FINAL. Now I can go back to watching DWTS."

Last edited:
Biochem final next week. All I need is a 55 to get an A in the class :thumbup: I smell an early summer vacation :cool:

The Med Micro final I took was 100 questions of "Syphilis is caused by:" and so on. Simple. Think I got an A lol

A few presentations this week, only one final on Monday. I'll be home free soon!:D

EDIT: EZ Select Mode. Lazy professor says -> "Hm I'll just staple the old exams together, BAM INSTANT FINAL. Now I can go back to watching DWTS."

I didn't know people abbreviated it that way :laugh:

After half a semester of below average effort, followed by a half a semester of virtually no effort, I made dean's list. With 19 units of classes like biochemistry and inorganic chemistry. Definitely trying too hard.

Not only is UALR NOT done with finals (grades are due in on the 20th, haha), they don't post grades until they're ALL in.

This really presents issues for some people. I mean, I have to have my official transcripts in by the 1st of June. Come on, guys.

Not only is UALR NOT done with finals (grades are due in on the 20th, haha), they don't post grades until they're ALL in.

This really presents issues for some people. I mean, I have to have my official transcripts in by the 1st of June. Come on, guys.

Put in a transcript request and check the box to wait for spring grades?

People move slower in the South. That's probably why.

So just because it's the south means that everyone is inferior? And everything sucks? And people are slower? :(

How would you know that? Have you ever actually lived here?

And if you say you were kidding, I won't believe you.

So just because it's the south means that everyone is inferior? And everything sucks? And people are slower? :(

How would you know that? Have you ever actually lived here?

And if you say you were kidding, I won't believe you.

I have an inability to detach the sound of a southern accent from the notion that the person with whom I am speaking is uneducated. Sorry 'bout it. Blame the Yankee-owned/operated media, but I'll credit my first-hand experiences.

I've spent the last few days driving through Arizona (lived there 3 years), New Mexico, 900 miles of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland. While I experienced southern hospitality in the form of a Virginia sheriff helping me retrieve my keys from my locked car outside a Waffle House at midnight, the waitresses in a different Waffle House were incapable of adding together whole numbers below 5. They added together $3, $4, $2, $2, $1, etc to less than $9 total.

I believe people in the southern states to be generally less-educated and, as a result, less capable of functioning in society.

All of this being said, you should probably get a sarcasm detector or recognize that, if no one else, the professors at southern universities have educations and are entirely capable of putting grades online in a timely manner, assuming the TAs and preceptors hold up their end of the deal.

People move slower in the South. That's probably why.

True story.

We move slower in the south. It's just true. We are also like, last in education, so there is a bit of painful truth to that as well. And no one is arguing that the southern accent oozes education or sophistication.

I love the south though. It's called southern hospitality for a reason. We are just friendlier overall. :laugh: Plus, we have sweat tea and grits. 'Nuff said.

I have an inability to detach the sound of a southern accent from the notion that the person with whom I am speaking is uneducated. Sorry 'bout it. Blame the Yankee-owned/operated media, but I'll credit my first-hand experiences.

I've spent the last few days driving through Arizona (lived there 3 years), New Mexico, 900 miles of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland. While I experienced southern hospitality in the form of a Virginia sheriff helping me retrieve my keys from my locked car outside a Waffle House at midnight, the waitresses in a different Waffle House were incapable of adding together whole numbers below 5. They added together $3, $4, $2, $2, $1, etc to less than $9 total.

I believe people in the southern states to be generally less-educated and, as a result, less capable of functioning in society.

All of this being said, you should probably get a sarcasm detector or recognize that, if no one else, the professors at southern universities have educations and are entirely capable of putting grades online in a timely manner, assuming the TAs and preceptors hold up their end of the deal.

But still, you haven't lived here. Arizona is different.

So you being sarcastic means it's okay to be rude and maybe insulting?

If you attached a smiley like :smuggrin: or :laugh: or :D, I'd see you were trying to be funny.

True story.

We move slower in the south. It's just true. We are also like, last in education, so there is a bit of painful truth to that as well. And no one is arguing that the southern accent oozes education or sophistication.

I love the south though. It's called southern hospitality for a reason. We are just friendlier overall. :laugh: Plus, we have sweat tea and grits. 'Nuff said.

At least you're crushing the competition when it comes to teen pregnancy rates.

But still, you haven't lived here. Arizona is different.

So you being sarcastic means it's okay to be rude and maybe insulting?

If you attached a smiley like :smuggrin: or :laugh: or :D, I'd see you were trying to be funny.

Not crazy about the emoticons, but I'll try to implement them when the post is ambiguous.

At least you're crushing the competition when it comes to teen pregnancy rates.

Not crazy about the emoticons, but I'll try to implement them when the post is ambiguous.

What part of "southern hospitality" is confusing to you? ;):D

Seriously?

Are you a biochemistry wunderkind or is your school a jokefest?

Are you a biochemistry wunderkind or is your school a jokefest?

The final wasn't cumulative, hence the quotation marks, although it did draw on just about every metabolic pathway. I'm leaning towards wunderkind because even when I think I'm unprepared and surprise myself with my great scores, the averages are still around 70%. U. of Arizona has some jokefest classes, but BIOC 460 wasn't really one of them.

I had the toughest semester ever but I learned that 4-6 hours of studying per night really helps when it comes to grades. I got an overall 3.6 gpa this semester! I survived organic with a B and got an A- in biochem. I am very pleased. :)