Possible Achillies tendon rupture!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted19731

Ok, so I might not supposed to ask this question on here so if I am not please delete this.

Anyways, About two years ago during a basketball game I partially ruptured my achillies tendon(I was running in a straight line and it just poped). I was put in one of those boots that was locked in at a 45 degree angle for about 4 weeks then flat for 2 more weeks, then finally I got to walk on the boot. Eventually after about 10 weeks I did get to start playing ball again.

Now to the point.

Sunday I was running during baseball practice (I pitch at a junior college) and I stepped in a hole. It poped and hurt very badly, but I went straight into denial mode and finished the run and practiced the next day where I think I hurt it worse.

I did see an athletic trainer and he put me on crutches and back in the boot at a 45 degree angle. But the problem is that I don't have a doctors appointment until tuesday and I just wanted an idea of what was going on.

I passed that test they give to see if it was a full rupture and it appears not to be but, when i can move it there is what feels like a grinding back there and it is even able to be felt by people holding there hands there. It is some what swollen (worse when I did it) and has minor bruising on the back of my leg near the heel. I can still walk on it but not without being in extreme pain.

Anyways what do you think

Members don't see this ad.

well, I'll answer you like a tight ass SDN Administrator first(just got sick to my stomach!!!) ex. Kim Cox : This is a forum where menial med students and some hubris residents congregate and it is not the place for giving medical advice. You should get medical help from a physician.

Ok, Now he is my hubris advice: Dude, you ****ed it up again. You will always be predisposed to injuring it. You need to not fall in ditches. Well, considering your Obrien and Thomson tests were neg, you may have a chance partner. Go and get help ASAP and try not to be weight bearing on it. Good luck, and if your on the baseball team, just get some cutie to make it feel better tonight. That was always my remedy.

P.S. Don't ever take these meds: Levaquin Cipro Tequin Maxaquin--- they can worsen your situation. I think if you root for the eagles this weekend you will be just fine.

well, I'll answer you like a tight ass SDN Administrator first(just got sick to my stomach!!!) ex. Kim Cox : This is a forum where menial med students and some hubris residents congregate and it is not the place for giving medical advice. You should get medical help from a physician.

I knew that was comming.

Ok, I took your advise and got laid last night. Also they have me in a boot that is pointing at a downward 45 degree angle and I am under threat of death not to put any weight on it. I am also going to see the doc on tuesday. Thanks for the imput.