Positions getting added to SOAP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chizomp

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do positions ever get added to SOAP after it opens?

Members don't see this ad.

Would be very, VERY surprising to see more programs added as the NRMP double and triple-checks the results and eligibility before publishing the SOAP.

What will happen is available positions will precipitously decrease with each round in the SOAP so make sure you use all of your applications!

Reactions: 1 user
Would be very, VERY surprising to see more programs added as the NRMP double and triple-checks the results and eligibility before publishing the SOAP.

What will happen is available positions will precipitously decrease with each round in the SOAP so make sure you use all of your applications!
I can imagine it if programs want to keep them out of the SOAP at first and then decide to add them in later. But that's kind of stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
I can imagine it if programs want to keep them out of the SOAP at first and then decide to add them in later. But that's kind of stupid.

I think if a program wanted to take that approach, they would have reduced the quota number in the first place. Since the # of open positions a SOAP-participating program has is based on whether or not they filled their quota of positions, I could see a program deciding not to participate in SOAP, or deciding not to fill every open position in SOAP, but I don't see how they could add a spot in SOAP.