Poll: Would you retake a highly unbalanced (123/132/126/129) 510 MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you retake? Highly uneven (123/132/126/129) 510 MCAT?

• Yes (retake)

• No (don't retake)

Results are only viewable after voting.

XyZ1000

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Would you take the risk of your scores in the other sections going down to try for a higher C/P score? Thanks for your advice.
The low C/P suggests lacking content knowledge, the combo of C/P and B/B being the lowest suggests lacking understanding of “how to science” in respect to the MCAT contents/style. P/S and CARS are not likely to drop by more than a point or two but you should be able to pull both the science sections up to 127 at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pay very careful attention to my last sign line.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Maybe having to ask for clarification itself contradicts your last sign line, but do you mean by this that it should be common sense that I should retake? As the poll reflects, advice I've gotten on this is fairly split, leading to my indecision.

I think it depends on a few factors.

1) You going MD only or also DO?

I forgot my other questions so let’s stick with this one for now lol

Trying for MD only at the moment, thanks. I'm currently in the process of calling the schools I planned on applying to and so far all of them have told me they only pay attention to the overall score, so that has only made me more unsure.

Here is my suggestion: study C/P for a few weeks focusing on the topics you did poorly in. Take a practice FL. If your C/P doesn't improve then I would move on. Don't take the exam and you lost a few weeks to extra studying, not a big deal. If you start improving your score in that section AND your other sections are consistent then you can take it again. With a 132 in CARS you should be able to kill the MCAT if you just get your content up to snuff.

Reactions: 1 users
sGPA: 3.50 (I plan to take a few more science courses to raise this next semester)
overall: 3.79 (anticipate this rising this semester)
Do you have the MSAR? You can use it to start researching schools that your mcat subscores are above 10th percentile, see what that list looks like and go from there.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it. Maybe having to ask for clarification itself contradicts your last sign line, but do you mean by this that it should be common sense that I should retake? As the poll reflects, advice I've gotten on this is fairly split, leading to my indecision.
The Median MCAT score for MD acceptees is 511. Your score is fine.

A retake telegraphs perfectionism, and lack of good judgement.

With a 510 MCAT score and your current GPAs, you will need DO schools on your list.

The Median MCAT score for MD acceptees is 511. Your score is fine.

A retake telegraphs perfectionism, and lack of good judgement.

With a 510 MCAT score and your current GPAs, you will need DO schools on your list.

Thank you very much for clarifying.

You can apply to McMaster in Canada they only look at the cars section on the mcat. I’m surprised more Americans with high cars don’t do this.

Reactions: 2 users