[POLL] Those with high percentiles, how many hours of sleep did you get the night before your MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rishikish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have another poll for those who got an overall score of 75%+, how many hours of sleep did you get the night before your test?

Members don't see this ad.

I woke up at 5:30AM the day before, went to the gym to exhaust myself even more, and was out cold by 9PM. I think I might've woken up once ~3AM for a few minutes, but then fell asleep until just after 6.

Reactions: 1 user
I went to "bed" by 8pm with the intention to wake up at 5am. I basically slept in 30 minute increments later in the night...maybe 4.5 hours total.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't lol. And...thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure there are special people out there who did stay up all night, furiously tearing through flashcards.
And they prlly fell asleep during those philosophy passages in verbal

Source: witness

I plan to take melatonin every night a week before my test. That way I'm not staying up all night stressing out.

I'll show you!

Attachments

• MCAT sleep.jpg
    MCAT sleep.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: 1 users
Noisy hotel. Slept not at all. Maybe 1-2 hours, felt horrible...but, got my coffee, made peace with it and took the exam.

Noisy hotel. Slept not at all. Maybe 1-2 hours, felt horrible...but, got my coffee, made peace with it and took the exam.

I'm so glad the MCAT will be at my college so I don't have to deal with getting a hotel room. Hope you get the score you wanted!

Well, I'm taking it in three days and this week I have been purposefully getting up early and to bed early. Hopefully it will be enough!

Benadryl at 8pm helps a little too ;)

Reactions: 1 user
4-5. I never sleep a ton before big tests for whatever reason.

Edit: 90-100 overall percentile

Last edited:
I got 88-98 and slept approximately 7 hours the night before. Would've been more but I was watching the Hawks game and they were losing so I was really pissed off and it kept me awake for awhile.

It seems the norm is 6-8 hours, then you have the weird outliers. Who the hell sleeps for 11+ hours and <1 hour, respectively?