This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Have you chosen or removed a program because of local or state laws regarding equity or access?

• Yes, I have added a program/school because of local/state laws.

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Yes, I have removed a program/school because of local/state laws.

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • No, I have included a program/school because of their advocacy for equity/access.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No, I made my list regardless of what is happening with local/state laws regarding equity/access.

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With so much legislative action taking place at the state level that affects healthcare access for women or the LGBTQ+ community or affects diversity/inclusion in higher education or business, a few journalism outlets are remarking on how this has affected students' choice for attending undergraduate programs or possibly residency programs. For those of you who are applying for 2024 entry:

Members don't see this ad.

I am not applying to anywhere in my own state, putting me at a distinct disadvantage. However, as a trans man with a trans fiance, I can't risk my own healthcare or that of my fiance by being stuck in Florida for at least four more years. 🫠

• Care
Reactions: 1 users