Podiatry Satisfaction Poll

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How satisfied are you with your decision to become a Podiatrist

• Very Satisfied

Votes: 36 29.3%
  • Satisfied

Votes: 29 23.6%
  • Neither satisfied nor dissatisfied

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Dissatisfied

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 20 16.3%

• Total voters
Yo what about Achilles
Damn. It was there the whole time hiding in plain sight

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Sir we are podiatrists. Leave sepsis to the kings of medicine ie MDs.
The amount of times those MDs have paged me to tell me that the sepsis is coming from the chronic callus on the patient’s foot though…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So let's keep this theme going and transition away from the ocean and the lobster/hagfish/carp references....

MD: King/Conqueror
MAs: infantry
Pods......?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sir we are podiatrists. Leave sepsis to the kings of medicine ie MDs.
No I think he meant keep applying weekly grafts until they become septic and then let a real doctor save their life.

So let's keep this theme going and transition away from the ocean and the lobster/hagfish/carp references....

Pods......?
foot soldiers

Pods......?
then pods are the people with the wooden cart saying "bring out your dead, bring out your dead"

Edit: better still, pods are the people who scavenge the battlefield afterwards for things of value...like shoes

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
My greatest source of entertainment has to be this forum. My brothers in fungus.

Reactions: 6 users
Been trying to thing of other names...googled "ancient kings"....Xerxes=Xerosis? Fungus Kahn? Spent a lot of time on this morning since of course I have no patients but getting paid.
Was originally trying to come up with a play on words with either Rage Against the Machine or one of their songs....best I got is RenegadesOfFungus. Current handle still trumps.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's not Jarrod Shapiro, its Dr. Ron / oldpod73.
He confirmed in a post on reddit that this poster is oldpod73 bc he responds to this on reddit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230613-143436_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230613-143436_Reddit.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 81
all is fair in love and warts

OldPod73 posted that he's Canadian born father of 3.

Yaron Raducanu is also a Canadian born father of 3, graduated from temple in 1999 so possibly was born in 1973.

Time to find a new handle, Dr Ron! You mess with SDN, you mess with the best!

Yes we are bent on helping those make informed choices about this profession.

I prefer my anonymity, thank you. Sometimes we talk about job searching (even for ourselves), so best to keep that incognito.

All the best to you, Dr. Ron. I saw on LinkedIn you are doing a medical mission, so lots of respect your way. No animosity on my end.

He is responding to his own post. I don't think I am anonymous on here. I've posted my old job, my current location and current job title a few times. What school I went to (NYCPM). Even my profile pic and quotes are very clear. He is acting like we are buddies or something and I am going to be like Barney Stinson and yell challenge accepted.

1686839752969.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
He is responding to his own post. I don't think I am anonymous on here. I've posted my old job, my current location and current job title a few times. What school I went to (NYCPM). Even my profile pic and quotes are very clear. He is acting like we are buddies or something and I am going to be like Barney Stinson and yell challenge accepted.

View attachment 373115

It’s a lot like the Podiatry Post website guy who would make blogs and then essentially be the only one in the comments. Having a discussion with himself.

• Haha
It’s a lot like the Podiatry Post website guy who would make blogs and then essentially be the only one in the comments. Having a discussion with himself.

His posts read like Trumps tweets (referring to the podiatry post guy not oldpod).

Last edited:
  • Haha
A big reason why is he blocks whoever disagrees with him. I guess he got tired of everyone downvoting his posts and making points he couldn't refute.

His love/hate for sdn cracks me up.
1686859248503.png

• Haha
Figuring out it was Dr Ron wasn't hard, he talks all the time about himself leaving details. It took me 2 min of skimming his posts. Unlike @newfeet who worked this one place but is now working another place and I suppose likes Firefly...I'm not interested enough to search, sorry.

FWIW, he used to blog in Podiatry Today and I remember his comments were pretty interesting, if eccentric. He backs the status quo, all is well, being a podiatrist is all skittles and beer, so no downside to shedding your anonymity. On the other hand, If a guy like me comes along and points out there's a gap between expectations and reality, I might face some professional repercussions if I draw attention to myself for doing so.

I'm happy I was able to get under your skin, Dr Ron, but I respectfully decline your invitation to engage. YHBT.

A big reason why is he blocks whoever disagrees with him. I guess he got tired of everyone downvoting his posts and making points he couldn't refute.

His love/hate for sdn cracks me up.
View attachment 373122

Is there a lot of traffic on Reddit for podiatry? The only thing I see from there is what gets posted here, which has maybe been 2-3 screenshots in the last 10 years. And all of that has been Dr. Ron content in the last month. If that’s the case it’s probably why he posts there. Gets to feel important, no pushback from other posters, etc.

Does anyone else think it’s weird to read some forum, and then go to another website and complain about the other forum you clearly read but don’t contribute to?

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a lot of traffic on Reddit for podiatry? The only thing I see from there is what gets posted here, which has maybe been 2-3 screenshots in the last 10 years. And all of that has been Dr. Ron content in the last month. If that’s the case it’s probably why he posts there. Gets to feel important, no pushback from other posters, etc.

Does anyone else think it’s weird to read some forum, and then go to another website and complain about the other forum you clearly read but don’t contribute to?
There is some, but not much. Mostly prepods who ask their questions on SDN and reddit, have seen some repeat postings from SDN, but yeah you're right its mostly old pod. I've seen more of the prepods/first year pod students go to the medical school reddit haha.

It's not weird, it's a creative outlet for him. There's two types of complaining: results oriented complaining ("my toenails are too long trim them please") and expressive complaining ("awful weather today"). In the second type, the complainer is not looking for resolution, just sympathy or even more simply to articulate their emotions. In the second type, the complaint itself is the goal, whether or not it accomplishes anything is immaterial.

Figuring out it was Dr Ron wasn't hard, he talks all the time about himself leaving details. It took me 2 min of skimming his posts. Unlike @newfeet who worked this one place but is now working another place and I suppose likes Firefly...I'm not interested enough to search, sorry.

FWIW, he used to blog in Podiatry Today and I remember his comments were pretty interesting, if eccentric. He backs the status quo, all is well, being a podiatrist is all skittles and beer, so no downside to shedding your anonymity. On the other hand, If a guy like me comes along and points out there's a gap between expectations and reality, I might face some professional repercussions if I draw attention to myself for doing so.

I'm happy I was able to get under your skin, Dr Ron, but I respectfully decline your invitation to engage. YHBT.
I believe that unless people are lying someone can put together a profile of all us and eventually figure out who we are. I could be wrong.

So the challenge is nonsense.

He backs the status quo, all is well, being a podiatrist is all skittles and beer, so no downside to shedding your anonymity. On the other hand, If a guy like me comes along and points out there's a gap between expectations and reality, I might face some professional repercussions if I draw attention to myself for doing so.
Frankly, I am perplexed by his rah-rah podiatry attitude. A quick google search shows he worked in Larry Levine's pod associate mill in PA/NJ which is a bottom of the barrel gig. Not sure how he could go through that and not see the job market issues and still be a status quo guy, but I guess denial makes people do weird things.
Is there a lot of traffic on Reddit for podiatry?
No, its 95% pre-pod "what are my chances?" posts. I've been following the subreddit for probably 3 years and it's always been dead, except for lately when our OldPod buddy started posting his soliloquies.

Reactions: 4 users

If one is being objective his career path supports the rhetoric on this forum about the job market and ROI etc.

He has explained in great detail how a career in podiatry has kicked him in the &@ll$ numerous times, due to various reasons and circumstances. An all too common story. I do hope podiatry works out well for him from this point forward.

He is certainly entitled to his own opinion that podiatry is a good career choice for him and others. If he wants to be heard and use his real name there is site called Podiatry Management that might be a good fit for him.

Last edited:

I dont understand what outing oneself proves (for those who frequent SDN in particular)--Dr. Ron may have been a little more hesitant to have such an obvious handle/out himself outright if he were of a newer generation of pods.

It's interesting bc a lot of the issues discussed here just really aren't something the older gen pods relate to--they think they can (& Dr. Ron sure seems to think so even tho he inherited a substantial amount of money that wiped his debt and bought his 1st home), but they just cannot understand what it's like for new attendings today. And frankly, it takes a lot more to get banned here then over on reddit. I posted one job offer over there and a mod struggled to argue with me until he/she got so tired of losing the argument I was banned. It took one post.

Frankly, I am perplexed by his rah-rah podiatry attitude. A quick google search shows he worked in Larry Levine's pod associate mill in PA/NJ which is a bottom of the barrel gig. Not sure how he could go through that and not see the job market issues and still be a status quo guy, but I guess denial makes people do weird things.

No, its 95% pre-pod "what are my chances?" posts. I've been following the subreddit for probably 3 years and it's always been dead, except for lately when our OldPod buddy started posting his soliloquies.
I think they're having trouble with traffic? A mod recently made a post about needing new mods bc they couldn't handle all the traffic and as a result, all posts were being quarantined bc the mod couldn't handle all the posts. Idk somehow Dr. Ron's posts are getting thru.

If one is being objective his career path supports the rhetoric on this forum about the job market and ROI etc.

He has explained in great detail how a career in podiatry has kicked him in the &@ll$ numerous times, due to various reasons and circumstances. An all to common story. I do hope podiatry works out well for him from this point forward.

He is certainly entitled to his own opinion that podiatry is a good career choice for him and others. If he wants to be heard and use his real name there is site called Podiatry Management that might be a good fit for him.

The cognitive dissonance was there during both of his stints on SDN. He was always good for a laugh at least. I refuse to support Reddit with clicks/content and I’m not going to start, but I’m sure nothing has changed with his posts over there.

Any ways, we haven’t talked about toenails in awhile…

The cognitive dissonance was there during both of his stints on SDN. He was always good for a laugh at least. I refuse to support Reddit with clicks/content and I’m not going to start, but I’m sure nothing has changed with his posts over there.

What I got from reading his stuff is he loooooves podiatry and if you say something about its flaws he can see past his romance with podiatry. I could be wrong.

It's like Podiatry Posts guy and OldPod were born to balance the universe of podiatry, but just make this field more of an embarrassment.

In the PM News thread, I made the observation that we talk crap about Barry Block, while Barry Block doesn't think about us at all. This is one time we need to be like Barry.

In the PM News thread, I made the observation that we talk crap about Barry Block, while Barry Block doesn't think about us at all. This is one time we need to be like Barry.
Agreed. In other news, look at this ancient artifact found in an actual mustache office

Attachments

• IMG_3672(1).jpg
    IMG_3672(1).jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 67

I was hoping that the reddit sub would become a place for discussion about these topics bc it's a little more user-friendly than SDN and admittedly, I like the platform and use it a lot for other interests so it's nice to have everything in one place. But oh well. Although a few new subs have been created by diff mods: r/podiatryresidents, r/podiatryresidency, and r/podiatricmedicine so perhaps those subs will become places for discussion...

I definitely welcome all voices in podiatry discussion here. I love when some of the older DPMs and APMA guys post here because it allows all of us to engage in discussion on a less formal platform without as much tiptoeing around controversial opinions compared to the formal modes of communication we normally use as professionals.

I definitely don’t agree with running people off just because they have a positive view of podiatry. There’s nothing fun about being in an echo chamber. This forum can allow balance between those with positive and negative views. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

I’ve heard numbers of around $2 million yearly in revenue from ads on PMnews. Of course he doesn’t care at all what any person, organization, forum thinks about him

• Wow