Podiatry GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aggie622

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the SDN, but I had a question that hopefully someone could help answer. I am looking into podiatry and I can't find any info. on how many applied to colleges of podiatric medicine for 2002/2003, how many of those were accepted, and what was their average GPA. If anyone has any info on this, I'd greatly appreicate it. Thanks.

Chris
Texas A&M University c/o 2004

Members don't see this ad.

I attend TCU and there are always posts about podiatric medicine on a board near the pre-med office. I believe that the average g.p.a. is probably around 3.1, and they want you to take the MCAT. You don't have to do well, so I don't understand why schools require some standardized tests. I am under the impression that nearly 75% of applicants are accepted so do not worry

Hey thanks Tex. I appreciate it. Good luck with school.

Members don't see this ad :)
pod schools actually have standards, whoa, what a concept! i attended nycpm and some of my classmates had gpas ranging from 2.15, all the way thru 3.5. mcats were not needed. you could take the gre's and dental school exam in the place of mcats(does this make any sense to anyone?). and yes, if you're breathing and alive, they'll accept you on the spot during your interview, as was in the case for the majority of my classmates. my point? please really look into the profession. and if you have done so, and are still interested in becoming a podiatrist, then more power to ya.

Wow, you didnt even apply! I wonder how they got all of your info ie. ss# ect?:confused: