Podiatrist Treating hand warts and corns?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey a friend of mine said that there are some states that do allow podiatrists to treat corns, calluses and other things of hands. is it true? if yes, can u emphasize more.

And also what kind of medications can Podiatrists prescribe. I mean do v have unlimited priviledges or some. And also about Anesthesia. Are we eligible to administer local anesthesia.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey a friend of mine said that there are some states that do allow podiatrists to treat corns, calluses and other things of hands. is it true? if yes, can u emphasize more.

And also what kind of medications can Podiatrists prescribe. I mean do v have unlimited priviledges or some. And also about Anesthesia. Are we eligible to administer local anesthesia.

Under old "chiropody" laws which some states have yet to change, technically pods can treat hands but no one in their right mind would. If you want to specialize in the lower extremity, become a DPM. If you have a desire to treat other aspects of the body, go the MD/DO route.

Pods can prescribe any of the drugs that any other doc can. Mostly, we prescribe pain meds, nsaids, and antibiotics.

And yes, we do local all of the time (just did it today infact).

Under old "chiropody" laws which some states have yet to change, technically pods can treat hands but no one in their right mind would. If you want to specialize in the lower extremity, become a DPM. If you have a desire to treat other aspects of the body, go the MD/DO route.

Pods can prescribe any of the drugs that any other doc can. Mostly, we prescribe pain meds, nsaids, and antibiotics.

And yes, we do local all of the time (just did it today infact).

hey man! iam just asking a question. i dont have any interest in hands either.but i found it amusing to hear. Pod means "foot" and podiatrists treating hands, thats funny. but he was dead sure. So i was asking the people in forum. So i guess he was right. technically podiatrists can treat hands:laugh: . lol tats funny.