PNWU/ Heritage University Masters in Medical Arts 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how many students roughly end up retaking the MCAT during and or after the program?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to all of you that were accepted! For those of you that were accepted, would you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually I have a decision in my portal just now - no email yet. So check yours :)
Congratulations on your acceptance! What day was your application complete? Mine was complete 04/02 & it went under committee review on 4/20. I’m still waiting to hear back!

Hi. For those that applied to med school the summer before MAMS. Did you immediately send in the D.O. Application for PNWU or did you wait until after first semester of the MAMS??

Thanks!

Does anyone know how many students roughly end up retaking the MCAT during and or after the program?

Thanks!
To be honest that depends on what the admissions set as their minimum. For instance when I did MAMS the rule was if you were under a 496 then you should be registered to retake the MCAT.

Hi. For those that applied to med school the summer before MAMS. Did you immediately send in the D.O. Application for PNWU or did you wait until after first semester of the MAMS??

Thanks!
I submitted my application to PNWU halfway through the semester after MAMS started. Mostly because I wanted to understand the process before I submitted and then you let the program director know, and they hold on to all MAMS apps and set interview dates based off of overall application, current progress, and the need to retake MCAT

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was rejected post interview for DO, but ended up getting accepted into MAMS this morning. For those accepted, how long did you wait until you got an email after the phone call?

Does anyone know how long typically offers go out?

Last edited:
Hi! I was rejected post interview for DO, but ended up getting accepted into MAMS this morning. For those accepted, how long did you wait until you got an email after the phone call?
I got an email of the details a couple hours after the phone call! I hope you got the email!

I just dropped my seat, so I hope it goes to one of you :) good luck!

• Care
Anyone still waiting to hear back or is it just me 😟 Does anyone how long offers go for? I'm assuming July is pretty late ):

Hi, I actually just got the call that I was accepted today! I am currently living in the midwest and have no idea how I'm going to uproot my life in 3 weeks and move out to Washington. Anyone have any advice at all in terms of places to live, etc?

• Care
Hi - for any students that are starting this fall, are scholarships offered to MAMS students?
Hey!
Through PNWU there were two different scholarships this year: Pursuing Your Dreams and another one. The application deadline was March 15th. Also, there are more grad school scholarships you can apply for I think they might list some links on their website. I hope that helps.

Hey!
Through PNWU there were two different scholarships this year: Pursuing Your Dreams and another one. The application deadline was March 15th. Also, there are more grad school scholarships you can apply for I think they might list some links on their website. I hope that helps.
Thanks for this info! Just to clarify, are these scholarships offered to incoming MAMS students or as you are completing the MAMS program and matriculating into PNWU’s medical school?

Thanks for this info! Just to clarify, are these scholarships offered to incoming MAMS students or as you are completing the MAMS program and matriculating into PNWU’s medical school?
They were offered for incoming MAMS students just the deadline was really early. I know they don't really list them anymore on their website. One was for $5,000 and the other one was for $1,000. I guess its not very helpful now since we cannot apply for these scholarships anymore. Hopefully, they will have more scholarships we can apply for maybe for spring semester of next year?

Last edited:
They were offered for incoming MAMS students just the deadline was really early. I know they don't really list them anymore on their website. One was for $5,000 and the other one was for $1,000. I guess its not very helpful now since we cannot apply for these scholarships anymore. Hopefully, they will have more scholarships we can apply for maybe for spring semester of next year?
Yeah I hope so! Thanks for the info though :)

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if this program has the opportunity to do some research as well? I know some other schools offer that but I don't see anything being mentioned on their website.

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if this program has the opportunity to do some research as well? I know some other schools offer that but I don't see anything being mentioned on their website.
I am currently in the MAMS program and we do have research opportunities built in. We will present at PNWU's research symposium in the spring. Let me know if you have any other questions. :)