PM&R + wound vac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sohalia

namaste
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I don't want to go into all the details, but there's a nice wound vac rep who offered to get me articles on their use. Can you guys suggest ways in which PM&R MDs would really be involved in wound vac use? I've seen/used them on vascular/ortho surgery, but I don't know how much PM&R residents and up actually order them or work with them. I guess I could just ask her if she has anything on efficacy in amputees or something.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Sohalia said:
Hi All,
I don't want to go into all the details, but there's a nice wound vac rep who offered to get me articles on their use. Can you guys suggest ways in which PM&R MDs would really be involved in wound vac use? I've seen/used them on vascular/ortho surgery, but I don't know how much PM&R residents and up actually order them or work with them. I guess I could just ask her if she has anything on efficacy in amputees or something.
Thanks!

We have used them on grade 3-4 pressure ulcers a significant number of times

I had an amputee patient fall out of his w/c because he was zooming around and opened up his incision, wound vac'd and closed. I also echo the comments on decubitis ulcer care.

-J