PM&R Interview Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gohabsgo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am new to the site so I am sorry if I didn't post this question in the right place.
I was wondering when, in general , PM&R programs send out interview invites.

I am a Canadian IMG from SGU with a background in rehab (undergrad degree)
step 1: 234
step 2: 231
GPA: 3.8

I have not yet received any interviews for PM&R. I am wondering if it is because I need a Visa (being Canadian), because PM&R programs tend to send out invites later than other specialities, or because not all of my LOR's are in yet.

Can someone offer some advice ?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I am also an SGU student with similar stats but I am American. Once my application became complete, I started getting interviews. A few places have told me they are out of interview spaces so hopefully your LOR's come soon!

My step 1 is slightly below yours, I have not taken step 2, I have no GPA, and I am still waiting for a LOR to be written. I am getting some interviews. It seems like you should be competitive, at least more than me! Hope you start getting some invites.

reappMD - in what context are you contacting departments that they are telling you that they have no interview slots left? I have not had contact with any residency besides through ERAS... should I be contacting departments?! I have no idea what I should be doing in this process.