Please Rate : Western vs Midwestern vs Kent vs Barry vs DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorLane

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rank based on experiences with these programs (i.e., interview, etc.)

Program Professionalism: (1-10)

Cost of living: (1-10)

Quality of life: (1-10)

Student body/staff: (1-10)

GO!

Members don't see this ad.

From this list, I interviewed at Barry and DMU.

Barry:

Program Professionalism: (7)
Cost of living: (8-9) depending on area
Quality of life: (8)
Student body/staff: (8)

DMU:

Program Professionalism: (9)
Cost of living: (3-4) pretty cheap compared to most places
Quality of life: (7-8)
Student body/staff: (9)

I will say though the answers you’ll get will be very subjective (if you like being near a city, comfortable with a smaller class, resources available to you etc.)

I also put 8-9 for Barry because living near there isn’t cheap. The college is close enough to downtown, but situated in an underprivileged area. If you plan to commute somewhere then Aventura, some parts of Hialeah or actual downtown Miami would be a good place (but again, it’s expensive). I’m a Florida native so if you have any more questions about the area pm me.

Reactions: 1 users
Rank based on experiences with these programs (i.e., interview, etc.)

Program Professionalism: (1-10)

Cost of living: (1-10)

Quality of life: (1-10)

Student body/staff: (1-10)

GO!
I only interviewed at Midwestern and DMU.

Midwestern:
Program Professionalism (8)
Location (9)
Cost of Living (8)
Quality of life (9)
Student Body/Staff (10)

DMU:
Professionalism (9)
Location (6)
Cost of Living (9)
Quality of Life (9)
Student Body/Staff (6)

Midwestern was like that super hot chick that doesn’t need to try super hard because she will get any guy she wants without really trying. So she plays hard to get..
DMU is that chick that is still hot but more wifey material and invests more in winning you over.

As for me, I always fall for the super hot chick that blows me off. It’s a curse.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at Midwestern, DMU, and Barry

Barry
Program Professionalism: 3
Cost of living: don't really know
Quality of life: 6
Student body/staff: 6

DMU
Program Professionalism: 8
Cost of living: 9 (10 being cheapest??)
Quality of life: 7
Student body/staff: 8

Midwestern
Program Professionalism: 8
Cost of living: 8
Quality of life: 9
Student body/staff: 10

Reactions: 1 user
I only interviewed at Midwestern and DMU.

Midwestern:
Program Professionalism (8)
Location (9)
Cost of Living (8)
Quality of life (9)
Student Body/Staff (10)

DMU:
Professionalism (9)
Location (6)
Cost of Living (9)
Quality of Life (9)
Student Body/Staff (6)

Midwestern was like that super hot chick that doesn’t need to try super hard because she will get any guy she wants without really trying. So she plays hard to get..
DMU is that chick that is still hot but more wifey material and invests more in winning you over.

As for me, I always fall for the super hot chick that blows me off. It’s a curse.
Just realized we Ranked midwestern the exact same.. great minds think alike! lolzzz
but if you all couldn't tell im going to midwestern

If nobody gave 10 for the living costs, what school among 9 would get 10?

Honestly, anywhere in the Midwest is a close 10. Along the coast, the prices skyrocket for living costs. Of course it might be different if roommates are involved.

1st year from AZpod. I'd give it a 10 in everything. Unbelievable school and program. Had the choice at any of the schools. Would pick this school again. And questions about it message me.

If nobody gave 10 for the living costs, what school among 9 would get 10?
Right.. 10 being the cheapest. One would have to receive a 10 unless we just ranked 1 to 9. I thought at one point Des Moines was a little cheaper than Glendale but I don't really know. I didn't look into Des Moines very much because I always kind of knew I wanted to attend AZPod.

Last edited:
I think Kent was cheapest when i was looking but I can’t remember perfectly

As far as I saw, in Des Moines, an apartment for one person was average 635 (plus utilities, except water). Miami Shores/Aventura/Downtown is double that or more... it’s ducking ridiculous haha

As far as I saw, in Des Moines, an apartment for one person was average 635 (plus utilities, except water). Miami Shores/Aventura/Downtown is double that or more... it’s rucking fidiculous haha
Fixed it for you

I just checked average prices for rental in Glendale, AZ and Independence, OH and it looks like these places are indeed relatively cheaper than in Des Monies, IA.

Reactions: 2 users
I just checked average prices for rental in Glendale, AZ and Independence, OH and it looks like these places are indeed relatively cheaper than in Des Monies, IA.

Nice. Either way, super ideal for future professionals :horns:

Midwestern has on campus housing from 700ish to 900ish/month.