please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JJ07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i will be gratuating frem high school on 2007. i'm planning to do my studies in US. so what is the next step ....i have no clue, i like to become a orthopaedic doctor.

Members don't see this ad.

JJ07 said:
i will be gratuating frem high school on 2007. i'm planning to do my studies in US. so what is the next step ....i have no clue, i like to become a orthopaedic doctor.

college -> med school -> ortho residency

Members don't see this ad :)
JJ07 said:
FUNNY......

I wasn't even trying to be funny.

Ortho is difficult to match into. Try to get into as good of a university as you can. It will help get into as good of a medical schoo. Then get great grades in med. school, do some ortho. research, do very well on the USMLE Step 1 examination, and you're in.

You have a long road ahead of you.

Don't forget to start dating the son/daughter of an ortho PD right now so you some connections later.

Johnny Drinksal said:
What do you mean, funny? Are you stupid? That's how you do it.

Now THAT is funny!
:laugh:

Ask a nonspecific question, you get a nonspecific response. Lighten up, JJ.

no no no. when you graduate high school just open up an ortho private practice. works everytime!

but seriously that is exactly how it is done. to match into orthopedics you will need to be in the top of your med school class and score very well on the board tests. all in all you have about about 13 years AFTER high school before you start practicing so don't get in too big of a hurry.