Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moremadhu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completed MBBS recently in India and preparing for GRE and TOEFL. My main goal is to join the residency in US. I plan to complete USMLE 1 and USMLE 2 after GRE. Meanwhile I wanted to apply for any masters programs. I have heard that a lot of people apply for Masters in Public Health (MPH). Are there any other programs that Indian doctors apply to ? Iam scoring 1200 in GRE practise tests. Can anyone suggest good colleges so that I can get admisions into with my GRE score ?

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

Members don't see this ad.

moremadhu said:
Iam scoring 1200 in GRE practise tests..
Its spelled "practice"
lol.
Im just kidding.
You could apply to almost any program.

moremadhu said:
I have completed MBBS recently in India and preparing for GRE and TOEFL. My main goal is to join the residency in US. I plan to complete USMLE 1 and USMLE 2 after GRE. Meanwhile I wanted to apply for any masters programs. I have heard that a lot of people apply for Masters in Public Health (MPH). Are there any other programs that Indian doctors apply to ? Iam scoring 1200 in GRE practise tests. Can anyone suggest good colleges so that I can get admisions into with my GRE score ?

Thanks very much for your help and advice.

Wth,take both the steps in India and come down to US for CS & Interviews.
No need for GRE/Toefl/MPH/blowing dad's hard earned money :laugh: down the drain.

Santiago, the trouble is getting visa for CS and interviews.. the visa counsellors here are a bit tight about giving tourist visas to Indian docs..

moremadhu said:
Are there any other programs that Indian doctors apply to ?
I am going to do a masters course in Health Informatics.. needs a bit of computing background.. A friend of mine is doing Biomedical Engineering..

Just look in the websites of Universities.. You might find programs that suit your interest more than MPH..