Position Wanted Please help me...Dont ignore this please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gypsy04

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been trying to get any residency but no luck so far since 2011. I am an IMG, and looking for residency of Ob/Gyn and Ob/Gyn programs really giving us a very damn hard time to hire us in any residency training, this is my third year doing volunteer work with no hope and no offers and no one need to help me.

I am now looking for rotating intern, to help my because i have long gab in my training. Since 2011, have no job, waiting for residency offer and doing volunteering job.

i need someone to tell me if there is any rotating intern porgram that can accept MD like me for one year training?

Members don't see this ad.

i am green card holder, now doing medical rotation in one of U.S. Universities, and i talked to the program director and he did not help or welling to offer me any position, i applied to all transitional year and all preliminary years in OBGYN, All surgery, .. no offers also.

This country is so tough on foreigner even if i have a decent training in my home country and i was appointed as assistant lecture in ob/gyn department in well respected institution in my home country.

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually many foreign trained physicians are able to get residencies here, often in university hospitals. Perhaps it is time to look at your own faults rather than blaming a country that trains thousands of IMGs every year (I know, because I am one of them.). As an aside, your command of of the English language is more important than being an assistant lecturer in a university abroad no one has heard of.

Reactions: 1 users
i am green card holder, now doing medical rotation in one of U.S. Universities, and i talked to the program director and he did not help or welling to offer me any position, i applied to all transitional year and all preliminary years in OBGYN, All surgery, .. no offers also.

This country is so tough on foreigner even if i have a decent training in my home country and i was appointed as assistant lecture in ob/gyn department in well respected institution in my home country.

Good luck, hard work will prevail :)

I think we need more information. Obviously, you know your ob/gyn but are having a difficult go of it here. What was your year of graduation? Step I/II scores? Who wrote your LORs? Did you have your personal statement professional edited ? Why wasn't the PD helpful? Did he/she give you any feedback about your application?

Actually many foreign trained physicians are able to get residencies here, often in university hospitals. Perhaps it is time to look at your own faults rather than blaming a country that trains thousands of IMGs every year (I know, because I am one of them.). As an aside, your command of of the English language is more important than being an assistant lecturer in a university abroad no one has heard of.
Yeah, this person has posted about this before. Do not waste your breath.

I think we need more information. Obviously, you know your ob/gyn but are having a difficult go of it here. What was your year of graduation? Step I/II scores? Who wrote your LORs? Did you have your personal statement professional edited ? Why wasn't the PD helpful? Did he/she give you any feedback about your application?

My scores are 214/204/cs/200. I have one attempts in step 1. I have three publication. PD said i dont know how to help.?! He said i dont take IMGs in my program. I am married and having son and i thought to go back home country because i dont enjoy the struggle or the life in the state with all this hardship but my husband threat to take his son, will not allow me to have him back with me. so Any one can help i need preliminarily year or transitional year or Rotating intern.

Yeah, this person has posted about this before. Do not waste your breath.

chicago, I am coming here because i need help. please show some respect if not sympathy to other people struggle. If you are in a position were make you look down to those who struggle, remember it could happen to you also. Kindly if you dont have nothing to offer please do not add to my life struggle. I am a lone in this whole world, dead parents, husband with cancer prostate, i am not finding job, discrimination is all what i have found from this country. i honestly asking you to pray for me instead of making funny or hurtful post about me. I will get up and pray now because i just cry when i saw your comments. what i can say. i hope you are happy now.

I'm not trying to make you cry but we got into a very long conversation on a separate thread where every bit of advice given to you was returned with excuses and the typing version of putting your fingers in your ears and singing "LALALALALALALA." and I got tired of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not trying to make you cry but we got into a very long conversation on a separate thread where every bit of advice given to you was returned with excuses and the typing version of putting your fingers in your ears and singing "LALALALALALALA." and I got tired of it.

I admire your previous post because you point my view to the importance of doing Year of accusal hands on rotations. Even though i dont know if they are exist of not?!
I am here because i need action not only advise. I fed up from advices from people. give me list of places that might provide any rotation for me. I am still finding rejections from every where?! Go back in your previous reply to my post and tell me what kind of solution you, I never find a way out, you guys help each others and dont help IMGs. be Honest to yourself and The Lord before anything else. Being helpful to all the people around you who asked for your help is a solid fact we learned it from our religions. I was learned to be helpful provide any kind of help i can do for who asked for it irrespective of their language, religion, race or color. If you dont want to help dont try to suppress good people who come to try to help.

i asked for transitional year or preliminary year in any specialty...to break the Gaps in my CV.

i remind you to remeber what jesus teach us in the bible
Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Matthew 10:5 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

Matthew 25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow...lping-others-21-top-scriptures/#ixzz3V2KQ2nPj

Perhaps OB/GYN is not where you are meant to be, noting your scriptures. Perhaps that's where YOU want to be. Submit to Him and He will direct your path (paraphrased).

Reactions: 1 user
I admire your previous post because you point my view to the importance of doing Year of accusal hands on rotations. Even though i dont know if they are exist of not?!
I am here because i need action not only advise. I fed up from advices from people. give me list of places that might provide any rotation for me. I am still finding rejections from every where?! Go back in your previous reply to my post and tell me what kind of solution you, I never find a way out, you guys help each others and dont help IMGs. be Honest to yourself and The Lord before anything else. Being helpful to all the people around you who asked for your help is a solid fact we learned it from our religions. I was learned to be helpful provide any kind of help i can do for who asked for it irrespective of their language, religion, race or color. If you dont want to help dont try to suppress good people who come to try to help.

i asked for transitional year or preliminary year in any specialty...to break the Gaps in my CV.

i remind you to remeber what jesus teach us in the bible
Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Matthew 10:5 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

Matthew 25:35-40 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Read more: http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow...lping-others-21-top-scriptures/#ixzz3V2KQ2nPj

Wut? Have you tried calling programs and their respective directors? You've certainly been through a lot; however, if your previous attempts have failed you need to ask yourself why. Do not make excuses that SDN or whomever won't give you sound advice and that you only need "action" . What can you do to bolster your CV? Paid Research [i don't know how feasible this is though]. Book chapters? You're pretty much locked into only city hospitals/public hospitals for residency so i'd start with those. Call all of them, everywhere in the country. Compile a list, meet with some of the ones close to where you live and find out what you could do to make your application better/competetive.

Also, lay off on the guilt tripping, regardless of other posts; i understand the desire to respond to posts that are irksome, but right now is not the time to get all emotionally charged and lose sight of the end-game: Getting a residency.

I agree with the poster who said you need to start cold-calling residencies and ask if they will take you. My best friend is a FMG (although us citizen, so different I know). But when he wasnt getting interviews we got the lists of every family practice residency in the SE and started cold calling them one by one to see if they would take a FMG with his board scores and university. We got 3 interviews dirertly from this and he matched catagorically at one of the programs we called (actually I called first, we had split the list up). If you are serious, this is what you do. Go out and hustle, and God will be with you.

Reactions: 2 users
Attempts in USMLE steps are a big red flags. Why don't you try to get into physician assistant program first?

Honestly, your English language skills are still something of a problem. Difficult accents and less-than-perfect spoken English are big issues for Americans. While your English is good enough to be understood, your writing has more mistakes than I would be comfortable with. Improving that is something you can absolutely work on while you're searching for a residency, and that effort will definitely pay off.

Also, make sure you are flexible geographically and in terms of specialty. The easiest residencies for IMGs are in family medicine in locations away from the coasts. If that's not where you're looking, then you're reducing your chances for success.