please help- mcat date for TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

user320193

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm a junior applying this cycle and I'm trying to figure out when to take my mcat. I talked to an advisor at my college, and she said i would probably only be able to take it max once before I apply in June if I want to be one of the earliest applicants for TMDSAS. I'm only about 50% done with content, which is a lot further behind than I expected since I didn't expect for school + ECs to take up this much time, but I can't drop anything. Here are my options:

1. April 8th mcat + May 19th mcat
  2. April 30th mcat + may 30th mcat
  3. April 30th mcat + may 19th mcat
My two pre-med friends think I should go with the first option, but I feel so overwhelmed and stressed.

Also, if I do take the may 30th mcat, will it affect my application? Please help :') Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly think you should plan to take it once on May 19th with your timeline. It sounds like with your school workload and stress level you're not likely to fare much better on your second attempt with only a month apart between tests. If you don't do well, you could plan to take a gap year and make sure you set aside time during your senior year to really prepare well and do well on that second attempt. Worst thing you can do is give yourself two crappy MCAT scores and sabotage your application.

Reactions: 1 user
Take it once, on one of the May dates. Honestly if you plan to take it a second time a month later, you are telling yourself you are not going to do well on the first one.
Don't mentally defeat yourself like that!

It is not like the SAT test where people might take it once "just to see what it's like" and then take it again after really studying.
Each time you take the MCAT gets looked at and there's no super scoring

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user