Please Chance me for 2021. Any chances at T10-20?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdpleasee

Reaction score
Hi guys! I’m applying this upcoming cycle and wanted to know my chances. Obviously acceptance to any medical school would be amazing, but how about top 10-20 schools. Do I qualify for those?

Cgpa: 3.82 Mcat: 517 Urm: AA ...qualify for FAP if that makes any diff.

Activities:

• Clinical volunteering: ~ 150. Between hospice and a homeless clinic. I will continue to volunteer at the homeless clinic until I matriculates so I will add expected hours for that which should be 200+ hrs. (This is what I’m mostly concerned about on my app. )
  • Non clinical volunteering: ~ 700. This also includes a service project I founded dealing with menstrual hygiene.
  • Shadowing: ~150 (out of US). Much of the other shadowing I have done comes from the doctors I have worked with through my clinical research.
  • Research: this is clinical research from 2 diff labs ~2000hrs no papers/posters/abstracts
  • Leadership: ~300hrs. Split between three clubs.
  • Work: worked all throughout undergrad ~1000+. I also had one summer internship at a well known medical school. It was on healthcare management.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would be nice to know your state residency. Otherwise you should network with the schools you really want.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile
I'm a resident of NC. I'm mainly worried about my clinical volunteer experience of 150hrs and my shadowing hrs which are entirely based outside of the US. To what extent do you think will impact me?

Start list with WashU and radiate outwards. Any school is yours.
Thank you! I'm mainly worried about my clinical volunteer experience of 150hrs and my shadowing hrs which are entirely based outside of the US. To what extent do you think will impact me?

I'm a resident of NC. I'm mainly worried about my clinical volunteer experience of 150hrs and my shadowing hrs which are entirely based outside of the US. To what extent do you think will impact me?
Yes you need shadowing hours within the US. Minimum 50 hours. For best shot at T20, 150-200 hours. In the US.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
You need shadowing experience in the US, 50 hours, if you are applying in the US.
Other than that, you have a very strong application.

Reactions: 2 users
I suggest these schools with your stats:
UNC
East Carolina
Wake Forest
Duke
UVA
Miami
Emory
Vanderbilt
Washington University
U Chicago