Plastic Surgery Residency Reviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmgood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find good resources for evaluating the various programs, but I have come up somewhat short (everything I find is either terribly out dated or very generic). Obviously the interview is a good opportunity to get a feel for a program, but each interviewee sees and hears different things (for example, during one interview I attended, the resident that gave our group a tour painted a very candid negative picture...but only a small number of the interviewees got this insight). So I just wanted to point out a website that might serve as a good anonymous forum for sharing thoughts and comparisons of programs (unfortunately there aren't any reviews of programs to date): http://www.resreports.com/?gclid=CMvqpLff5qwCFcp65Qodu20bMg
Or if anyone knows of a better forum, I'd be happy to hear about it.

The best would be if we could get residents to review their programs, giving info on case numbers, how often there is double/triple scrubbing, autonomy, opportunity to plan cases, faculty-resident collegiality, strengths/weaknesses, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think your best unbiased approach would be to talk to plastics people who are now in a fellowship (hand, micro, etc). They are more likely to share their unedited thoughts about their previous plastics program without fear of you tell faculty what they said since they've already graduated.
B