Plastic Surgery Rejections

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surggal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought we could make a list of places who have sent rejections as well. I'll start:

Kentucky
Stanford

Members don't see this ad.

surggal said:
I thought we could make a list of places who have sent rejections as well. I'll start:

Kentucky
Stanford

ditto! :oops:

you would think the programs would hold off on the rejections until later on--or at least i think they should--since they're always a downer for applicants, especially so early in the game.

as this is my first post on these boards, i have only one request: can we please keep this forum free of the toxic venom that has turned those dermatology boards (not on this site) into a vicious mud-slinging monster? so far i've enjoyed reading these posts...i just hope it stays this way as the nailbiting continues this month...

Which dermatology boards are these? I gotta see this. I love a good catfight! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
GSresident said:
Which dermatology boards are these? I gotta see this. I love a good catfight! :laugh:

Dermatology boards

apparently this is a pretty popular site for applicants and would-be applicants. but it's vicious at times and there are threads that evolve into misogynistic and/or anti-semetic diatribes. it's awful---and certainly reveals the dangers of anonymous boards such as these.

Stanford
Kentucky
SLU

maxheadroom said:
St. Louis U is no loss. That program has been teetering on the brink for years.

Teetering in regards to what (i.e. Accreditation, resident suicides, board certification)? :confused:

Oh, and Stanford & UC Davis. I guess I'm not liked in CA :smuggrin:

mcindoe said:

How did u penn rejection come?

Did anyone get an interview?

strange to send out rejections first.

Got my first plastic surgery rejection today...Harvard.

Harvard and MCOW put the hammer down on me today.

denied also from Harvard, MCOW....and UMDNJ
does the pain ever stop??
:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
denied from MCOW.

MCOW for me too! Way to go for those interviewing there! :thumbup:

Rejected from UPenn today.

jdubya said:
Penn must have rolling rejections

I guess they do. They did say that they would contact me if they were able to interview more applicants. So I guess it was a partial rejection. Kind of like, "we don't really want you, but if the people we really want don't want to come interview with us, I guess you'll do."

Harrie said:
I guess they do. They did say that they would contact me if they were able to interview more applicants. So I guess it was a partial rejection. Kind of like, "we don't really want you, but if the people we really want don't want to come interview with us, I guess you'll do."

I got it too, and I'd say it's a real rejection. Don't let them create false hope.

surggal said:
I got it too, and I'd say it's a real rejection. Don't let them create false hope.

I got the sensitive rejection too!

surggal said:

I know its real, just thought it was funny how they left the door open. I wasn't too heartbroken so I wouldn't really get too excited if they contacted me and offered me an interview.

Got Ohio State and U Penn today. Oh well

John Hopkins dropped the bomb on me. So sad! :(

Skinny said:
John Hopkins dropped the bomb on me. So sad! :(

Me too. U of Chicago didn't like me either.

Got Hopkins today

Got Hopkins and U Chicago rejections in one fell swoop.

Same here...
:mad:

same here.

i hate checking my email these days.

i have a love hate relationship with my email. it's more of a glenn close kind of fatal attraction.

moneypenny said:
i have a love hate relationship with my email. it's more of a glenn close kind of fatal attraction.

hope you don't have any rabbits nearby. :D

Georgetown sent out at least one rejection today

Make that two...

Let me join the unwanted! I am so done rooting for the Hoyas in the NIT!

UT Southwestern is my latest rejection. Anyone hear from NYU or UCSF lately?

moneypenny said:
UT Southwestern is my latest rejection. Anyone hear from NYU or UCSF lately?

same here.

UCSF is still reviewing apps....I called today.

yale today

What's worse, they rejected me twice!

oh, the pain