Plastic surgery private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dizzyboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a plastic surgery thread and it said they worked at multiple clinics and they spent like half a day at on then the next half day at the other. And another person said he had more clinics than his partner, but don't they only work at one place in a group practice? I know I am asking a stupid question I should probably know by now but... I don't.:)
Any input would help.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I think each physician works differently. I've been shadowing a P&R surgeon for about a month now. He has his own practice (with two locations) with one other surgeon, but is also head of plastics at a local hospital, on staff at about six others and consults at two dermatology practices. He consults at each derm practice once a week, works at his main hospital once or twice per week will work at the other hospitals once or twice per month. His schedule is hectic to say the least and he is often working six or seven days each week. The other surgeon in the practice is the head of plastics at another hospital, and also consults at separate practices.

If you're referring to the stickied thread about the SDN member who created his own practice and documented it, you might want to ask him.