Places that are friendly for IMG(US Citizen) to do electives at/match at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a US citizen who is going to med school in Australia. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what NS programs I would have a realistic shot at (IMG friendly, possibly less competitive programs, though I realize that is an oxymoron!)

I will have a good amount of published neurosurgery research done when I am trying to match, and I anticipate a very good score on the USMLE, the main problem is I am an IMG.

Thanks for any suggestions, as I would like to start lining up my electives fairly soon at places that may end up being realistically good places for me to try and match at.

I know that 15 IMG's matched in NS last year. Is there anyway that I can find out where these places were?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know what places commonly take IMG's. One way to check is to look at the websites of the programs as many list the current residents.

I know of one IMG that applied to all programs to be on the safe side and received many interview offers.