PICU handbook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whasupmd2

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Will be starting PICU soon. Is there a good handbook for this rotation?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP :)

whasupmd2 said:
Hey all,

Will be starting PICU soon. Is there a good handbook for this rotation?

Thanks.

The text I see the residents using for their PICU month is Manual of Pediatric Critical Care by Mary Fran Hazinski. Another text for reference is Pediatric Critical Care: The Essentials by Tobias. A good ICU text in general is the ICU Book by Paul Marino (blue book). This book is more for adults in the ICU, it's a little outdated, but the concepts are good.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
docmartin said:
The text I see the residents using for their PICU month is Manual of Pediatric Critical Care by Mary Fran Hazinski. Another good ICU text is the ICU Book by Paul Marino (blue book). This book is more for adults in the ICU, it's a little outdated, but the concepts are good.
Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks DocMartin for your help!! :)

i too, start in the PI on Jul 1.

Hell of a way to start the second year... :eek:

One of the PICU fellows I worked with recommended this site for the residents. www.picucourse.org. It is on the Society of Critical Care medicine web site. Goto the course catalog, and it links you to some powerpoint presentations. These were prepared by various PICU Attendings for the purpose of teaching residents and fellows. They are peer reviewed before being published online. I found them helpful to pass the time while working nights as well as being very good.

Peace out,
Greg