Picking A Time For the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alikhan9

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to seek your guys opinion on this should I schedule my time for the morning or afternoon, I am indifferent about it because I have taken exams in undergrad in the late afternoon around 6 p.m but being so late I tend to have gotten bit more nervous but was comfortable in the sense that I would not miss the exam. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I wanted to seek your guys opinion on this should I schedule my time for the morning or afternoon, I am indifferent about it because I have taken exams in undergrad in the late afternoon around 6 p.m but being so late I tend to have gotten bit more nervous but was comfortable in the sense that I would not miss the exam. What should I do?
I recommend around 12. That'll give you enough time to sleep in a bit but not enough time to become restless as you wait for when you actually go take it. Regardless, whatever time you choose, take your practice tests at that time too. Psychologically it'll help a ton if you prepare your body to take these long tests all at the same time.

I personally liked the morning time. I signed up for 7:30am and got there at 7 but they told me I could start then. I was one of few in the room for most of SNS and PAT section so it was nice and quiet and I got to focus really well. If you do plan for early morning, make sure you get used to sleeping and waking up early about a week before the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are two times one at 9:00am and 2:30pm I think I will go for 9:00am I think the stress of having to wait would be hindering on performance?

Mine was scheduled on12:30. The test center called me the day before and let me arrive one hour earlier… So I arrived one hour earlier on my test day, and actually they allow me to start my test earlier, as far as I felt ready. Test centers are different from each other anyway…

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I scheduled mines for 12:30 pm, but was an hour early so I took it at 11:30 am. Truth is, take it when 1. you know you're truly awake and alert and 2. you won't be pressing for time to arrive to your testing location on time. I knew I wanted an afternoon because I wanted to do a last second review the morning of to ensure that I would not be nervous during my exam. Good luck to you!