"Piano" DAT Completed (6/11/09)...Scores, Practice Scores, Study Aids

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ethanyoo726

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry. can't see my scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
could u talk a lil bit about what was the topics covered on the test generally in the chem sections was it a lil bit of everything? or focused on some aspects more than others the piano test is supposed to be hard so i was curious if they covered all the general concepts or focused on specific questions thanks.

Nice break down of your scores and your practice scores. Its encouraging to know that my achiever scores arent so bad! Did you think the PAT section was easier on the actual exam when compared to CDP? I see you scored pretty high on the actual exam then CDP. Was biology real specific with questions or was it pretty general concepts that you just need to think about? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
What's a piano DAT?

Ahh.. the new members. Feel free to utilize the "search feature". I promise you will find plenty on this topic....

But, to save you time, its a version of the DAT with a supposedly very annoying, boring and long passage about how a piano works.

Azar87, I won't go into the topics or areas focused on my DAT. I will tell you that if you know Destroyer, you will do fine. I promise you. If you don't have DAT Destroyer, get it. Seriously.

General Chemistry was my worst subject and I literally spent 60-70% of my time studying it. All I did was problems, problems, and more problems. Know your formulas. Destroyer really helps. So know everything in Destroyer.

Ahh.. the new members. Feel free to utilize the "search feature". I promise you will find plenty on this topic....

But, to save you time, its a version of the DAT with a supposedly very annoying, boring and long passage about how a piano works.

Oh, I totally got that passage on my DAT.

U must be thrilled to have this done! and bravo for your amazing outcome! Im sure with that score, you'll def get into somewhere...:)

Did you find the cliff's AP chemistry practice exams representative to the DAT? Gen chem is also my weakest, and im just keep solving problems, and i was wondering how good is ap chem practice exam book. is it overkill or pretty representative to the real thing?

thanks!

Was the destroyer sufficient for QR? Were the questions about the same caliber?

jlt0530, The Cliff's AP Chemistry Practice Exams definitely hit key equations that I rarely came across in any of the other DAT materials. So Cliff's AP Chem was helpful with those. Some parts are overkill, but ::shrugs:: i figure the more you know, the better. Cliff's AP Chem alone is definitely not representative of the real exam...I'd say Destroyer is more representative.

Murl, the QR section was a lot harder than I had expected. The section had questions I had never even seen before. I've always been very comfortable with math and the only studying I did was from Kaplan and Destroyer. But Destroyer definitely helps a lot, especially when it comes to trig.

Last edited:
Great job, ethanyoo! May I ask how long you spent, in total, studying for the DAT? What was your strategy- did you mix up the subjects while you studied, or did you focus on one section at a time?

vlct0ria, in total, I spent around 4 months studying for the DATs, including the Kaplan course. I was worried about my sciences, so I spent the majority of my studying time dedicating each day to one science subject. After I was relatively comfortable with the sciences, I took the Kaplan Midterm and Tests 1-3. After each test, I would go through each answer (correct and incorrect). Flashcards really help with speed memory. For PAT and Reading Comprehension, I spent about 3-4 days mastering techniques and strategies for each subject.

hope that helps.