Physiology Grade :/

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted503049

I feel like I just complete screwed my chances of getting into physical therapy school. I've always been a pretty good student. I graduated high school with two years of college done. I got A's in Bio 1 and 2, Chem 1 and 2, General Psych, and Abnormal Psych, and it's looking like I'll get an A in statistics, too. I got an A- in calculus, and will probably be getting either a B+ or A- in Physics 1 once I take the final. Anatomy was a little worse with B's in both lecture and lab, but then I went and screwed myself and got a C- in physiology. I studied so hard for each test, and still kept coming up short. Whether it was the teaching style, the test style, or my study methods, something went wrong, and now it is what it is. If I retake the class and get a high B or an A, do I have a chance at getting into PT school?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry so much, for the most part your other prerequisite grades are stellar, and making up your Physiology will not be a problem with you getting into a DPT program. Its a lot of students on this forum who had to take a few classes over and they got accepted, sometimes these things happen, you just have to stay focused and don't give up, you should be fine!!!!

Question asked and answered in pre-PT forum.

Please do not cross-post.

Members don't see this ad :)
I apologize. I accidentally posted it here, and then realized that it would be better to ask in the pre-physical therapy forum.

Reactions: 1 user
If you are really hung up over it, you can take the course in a community college and submit that grade instead. It won't hide the grade in your overall transcript, but it can be used instead of the C- in your science GPA on PTCAS, which would likely help you. If you are already in the process of applying, you can let them know that you are planning on taking anatomy to "review the material to make sure you are better prepared for school" or something. I haven't done any of this, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, I agree with calnat03. You have really great grades in your prerequisites and should be alright. I got into all the schools I applied to, and I had mostly B's and only a few A's in my prerequisites with a overall science GPA of ~3.15, so you are in better position than I was. Do well in your GRE, try your best, and I am sure things will turn out okay!

Don't worry though, I retook about 3 or 4 classes and got accepted into 2 schools in Michigan. I'm currently in my 2nd year of PT school (almost my 3rd and final). Just retake and do very well! (Choose your professor wisely....retake at a community college like mentioned). Also, get lots of observations hours is different settings to help you out. More setting > more hours.