Physics Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ComicBookHero20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having real trouble doing the physics passages that Kaplan has (im in the prep course)....is there any advice from y'all?

Members don't see this ad.

Never mind. Just keep doing the passages, I think my MCAT PS was much like like the Kaplan type, although that of Kaplan was a tad harder. Just keep working with it.

One thing that might help is going over the solutions and seeing the link between info given in passage and how it relates to the underlying concept. Sometimes the passages will feel super-duper hard but the underlying concept is usually simple ... you should be able to make a connection .... it will come .. just keep doing the passages and lok at solutions to see why you got a question right or wrong (it is important to look at the correct solution to make sure you gor it correct because of correct logic)

Hope it helps....

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear you. I haven't had physics in 20 years and remembered something that helped. Maybe it'll help you. I'm in the units/kinematics area right now so here's what worked for me.....

As you read the problem, write down what you're given in terms of variables (velocity,acceleration,time, initial velocity, etc). Also write down what you're asked to solve for. That should help you figure out which kinematics formula to select and go from there.

The big problem I was having was in setting up the problem.

Where are you taking your prep class at? I'm taking the one in Dallas (obviously).

I'm in New York

DaveinDallas said:
I hear you. I haven't had physics in 20 years and remembered something that helped. Maybe it'll help you. I'm in the units/kinematics area right now so here's what worked for me.....

As you read the problem, write down what you're given in terms of variables (velocity,acceleration,time, initial velocity, etc). Also write down what you're asked to solve for. That should help you figure out which kinematics formula to select and go from there.

The big problem I was having was in setting up the problem.

Where are you taking your prep class at? I'm taking the one in Dallas (obviously).