physician looking for pharmacist business partner to purchase turnkey pharmacies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panetrain

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an anesthesiology resident and entrepreneur in my last year of training and I am looking to purchase 2 highly profitable turnkey pharmacies and would like to go into this venture 50/50 with a partner who is already in the business. I am currently in the process of attempting to gain financing for the purchase. If your motivated and business minded I would love to partner up with an industry insider:idea:

feel free to PM me, respond to this post or email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure about other states but in California, physicians can only own 10% of a pharmacy unless it is attached to a medical center or hospital that is owned by the physician. I would check with the state law before you make any plans.

They can't even own an iota of them in PA. Just to warn you, fella....there aren't many profitable independent pharmacies anymore. Loss leaders like the Walmarts and Walgreens of the world fueled by the stinginess of the third parties have driven down profitability from pharmacy-only business. The economy is about to go sour...in a few years, there will be many opportunities in other areas available.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Profitable pharmacy costs several million dollars.. so you want a few ?

Start up is one thing... but buying a profitable existing pharmacy is another. I would definitely invest in something else.

Thanks for the insider input. This is exactly why I always hit the forums before pursuing business ideas/ventures. Perhaps physical therapy and imaging centers will be better prospects.