physical Therapy Personal Statement 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preptstudent52

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am working on applying to PT school this summer and am having a difficult time with the PTCAS essay. The prompt is:
What is professionalism in the context of being a student in a DPT program?

My question is am I supposed to include why I want to be a PT and my experiences that have led up to me applying to PT school or should I only focus on answering the prompt? Any suggestions of what to include would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Only focus on answering the prompt. You can take your experiences and mesh them in to support your response to the prompt.

Only focus on answering the prompt. You can take your experiences and mesh them in to support your response to the prompt.
quick q- do they care about spacing? do i need to have an extra space between paragraphs?

quick q- do they care about spacing? do i need to have an extra space between paragraphs?

You can. I think that's one of the only prompts they actually provide enough characters for it. If you find you're running out of room though I wouldn't waste the characters.