Physical therapy frequently asked questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashPT2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm starting this thread for people who are anxiously waiting to hear back from their interview for pt school. My friend had an interview at Texas tech last weekend and had pretty good stats and recommendations. They said the interview only consisted of one professor interviewing them.

To the people that did not get accepted after an interview; did they tell you why?

What all do they base off of an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Personal attributes (appearance, personality, how well do you handle stress, etc.)
People skills
Communication skills
Ability to think on your feet
Knowledge about the PT field, PT school in general, their PT educational program in specifics

Reactions: 1 user
To the people that did not get accepted after an interview; did they tell you why?
What all do they base off of an interview?

Usually if you aren't accepted, you can set up an appointment after all of the interviews are over to find out how to improve your application for the next round. For the people I know who have done this, it is extremely helpful and pointed out major issues with their app! I'd highly recommend it.

In addition to what HughLee said, I would add that you may want to study up on The Affordable Care Act and how it will affect the PT field. This was a popular question last round. Good Luck! :)