Photos for residency application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ludy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many professional photos do we need for the whole application process? Is one enough -- to give to the Student Affairs office to be scanned in on ERAS? Iserson's book recommends that applicants give the residency secretary at each program a picture during interviews, to serve as a reminder for the committee when they're making up their rank list 2 months after your interview. Did anyone do this? Would it be worth the extra money for 10-15 more wallets?
Thanks for your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I scanned one into ERAS, and then I scanned it into my computer. I sent thank you notes via email, so I just attached my photo to the letter. Way cheaper than giving out wallet sizes... :D

you need just one. your school will forward it all your programs via ERAS. some programs may even take your picture at the interview so they can dissect you and your interview when they are reviewing all the candidates. but remember, just get one picture, don't waste $$$...although walgreen's or AAA will give you two for $7.99.

good luck!

I sent none and matched at my #1.

I'd definitely just take a bunch of digital ones, then print out a few as needed... MUCH cheaper than going anywhere for passport photos!!