Phone Interview

jballer91

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for a summer pharmacy tech internship for high schoolers that is run by a local pharmacy school and Walgreens and have been selected for a phone interview. Although it's only a 15 minute interview, I'm nervous because I've never been a "phone person" and have no interview experience. I'm assuming they'll be asking questions on what I think pharmacy is and a little about myself...? Any thoughts or ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I hate talking on the phone too. It freaks me out (not sure why). But, my advice is to think about what they might ask, and take some notes on what you can say. Don't write a ton, because then you'll have to shuffle through papers or pause to find the relevant info. Just enough that you feel confident that you won't totally blow it by forgetting something important. Since it's over the phone, the interviewer can't tell if you have some notes, unless you make it obvious. Also, if you have a brochure or somthing about the program, have that with you too. You probably won't need it for anything, but I've found that it makes me feel a little more secure and purposeful.

Hope this helps!

Hey, I had a phone interview for an internship last summer. Honestly, I wouldn't write notes because for the most part you will just need to react to whatever they say. If you have notes written, you might try to say something that doesn't really fit in. My interview basically involved a job description and some details about what I would be doing. They asked about what courses I had taken that pertained to the job and what machines I had used too. All in all, if you really want that job, you will do great. A lot of the interview is just making sure they know how much you want the job. I remember I was asked what interested me about the job etc. Before the interview, I would think about why you want the job, and what you want to get out of it.