Phone interview help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CarbmonstaRX

Reaction score
Got few phone interviews for PGY-1 and wanted to know has anyone tackled those in past and had some experience to share?

From the reading the manuals for one program it looks like its a preliminary interview to onsite interview
But for other programs it is full on 40-60 min interview. All the programs are in different state so I wanted to know what should I prepare for in these types of interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Practice makes perfect! If it is that long (40-60 minutes) it prob is a real interview not preliminary. Answer questions online that you find for interviews. I had a phone interview and most of my questions I had answered already.

Preliminary phone interviews are about 15 minutes. Each place will have different questions but like the previous poster said its essential to practice your answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Practice makes perfect! If it is that long (40-60 minutes) it prob is a real interview not preliminary. Answer questions online that you find for interviews. I had a phone interview and most of my questions I had answered already.
Where can i look up those questions? i have tried searching for them and most of the questions i got were clinical type.

I just did general interview questions on like monster.com. Like strengths/Weakness, why this site, why you over someone else.

Reactions: 1 user
There was a book, something like "Pharmacist's Guide to Interviewing and CVs", it had a lot of good example questions separated by sections. Also good to do a general search on job sites on what questions are currently en vogue across all industries and employer types... Talk to past residents for the best bang for your buck, if you can get a hold of them (LinkedIn is a good place to start, your school's alumni network also).

Reactions: 1 user