" Phone Interview" at LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vanatv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to know about a Phone Interview process at LECOM School of pharmacy. please give me some sugggestions. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

vanatv said:
I would like to know about a Phone Interview process at LECOM School of pharmacy. please give me some sugggestions. Thanks

...dont do it!!!... they'll forget who you are along with your paperwork... make the time and get your butt to erie... even if there's 12 inches of snow out there....

if i have to rate the shady-ness, i have to say 1. HICP, 2. LECOM. horrible experience. they called me 2 times because they forgot that i had already had an interview end up rejecting me. do not like them at all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't put lecom in the same class as HICP, LECOM at least has accredidation. LECOM however has many problems which can be easily found on this board by using the advanced search function.

BTW the nickname for the office at lecom is the office of disinformation LOL

Reactions: 1 user
I second that. They called me for an interview when I was on vacation. My fiance answered their call. They said they'd call back when I returned. They never did. So I contacted admissions, who responded in a week (in which they still didn't call me back) and said if I didn't hear anything from my interviewer (she couldn't even tell me who he was) in two weeks, to get back with her. Well, I decided right then and there I wanted nothing to do with them. A few weeks later, still without an interview , I got a letter that I was wait-listed. That's okay, though, because I got into a way better and more organized school. They can have their disorganization and snow...that way I don't have to deal with it!

Does HICP really count as #1? I was thinking of opening my own school...I can have classes in the neighbors barn, charge $40,000 a year for a 3 year program, and I PROMISE to apply for accredation sometime in the next ten years! I vote LECOM as #1 for now, so that leaves spots 2 and 3 open for most messed up pharmacy school...

Tuck said:
Does HICP really count as #1? I was thinking of opening my own school...I can have classes in the neighbors barn, charge $40,000 a year for a 3 year program, and I PROMISE to apply for accredation sometime in the next ten years! I vote LECOM as #1 for now, so that leaves spots 2 and 3 open for most messed up pharmacy school...
as long as your barn has wi-fi

Hmmm, no wi-fi. I am lucky to get a 14.4 connection on dial-up here. For $40,000/person/year though I can probably work something out...maybe a free horse ride to the nearest internet cafe...

I previously proposed starting a school in my basement, but was shut down. And, I have Wi-Fi and a cable modem! What is so special about Tuck's neighbor's barn? Is there a special pharmaceutical lab in there? Pharmaceutical grade mushrooms amongst the cow pies? :laugh:

Well, some of my neighbors are pretty odd. Most likely due to too much exposure to some sort of all natural drugs in the barn environment. This allows for some unique opportunities for pharmceutical research. I was hoping to get a nice high dollar grant to offset expenses. :)

Thanks for all your suggestions, i appreciate it
i had a phone interview with LECOM last week (Fall 2005), There were 7 questions for the interview,
a) tell me yourself
b) why do you want to become a pharmacist?
c) do you have any leadership skills?
d) why do you chose LECOM?
e) when you have a problem with your coworkers, how do you solve the problem?

I forgot the last 2 questions. The interview took about 20mins.

OSURxgirl said:
I second that. They called me for an interview when I was on vacation. My fiance answered their call. They said they'd call back when I returned. They never did. So I contacted admissions, who responded in a week (in which they still didn't call me back) and said if I didn't hear anything from my interviewer (she couldn't even tell me who he was) in two weeks, to get back with her. Well, I decided right then and there I wanted nothing to do with them. A few weeks later, still without an interview , I got a letter that I was wait-listed. That's okay, though, because I got into a way better and more organized school. They can have their disorganization and snow...that way I don't have to deal with it!

When did the messed interview happen to you? Was it this year for fall 2005 or last year fall 2004? Thanks

vanatv said:
Thanks for all your suggestions, i appreciate it
i had a phone interview with LECOM last week (Fall 2005), There were 7 questions for the interview,
a) tell me yourself
b) why do you want to become a pharmacist?
c) do you have any leadership skills?
d) why do you chose LECOM?
e) when you have a problem with your coworkers, how do you solve the problem?

I forgot the last 2 questions. The interview took about 20mins.

Be sure to post this in the Pharmacy Interview Feedback section for LECOM.