General Admissions & OTCAS Philly Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureot28

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I find myself searching through larger forums to find out if people got interviews/acceptances to schools in or around the Philadelphia area, and I thought it might be helpful to have a separate forum to make it easier to talk about with each other.

Personally, I applied to the Masters programs at Gwynedd Mercy, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, and Salus. I know Gwynedd Mercy doesn't review applications until February, but have people heard back from Temple/TJU/Salus or any others that I didn't apply to (like Usciences, etc.)??

I have an interview set up for November for Temple, but haven't heard much from TJU or Salus.

Lastly I thought this could be beneficial to talk about the interviewing processes at these schools and how quickly decisions are received post-interview...and whatever else!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!! So I actually have an interview for temple in November too! Maybe we will be in the same one! When is yours? I'm not quite sure the turn around time for Temple. I didn't apply to Salus or Jefferson but I know Salus and Jefferson has reviewed applications according to this forum!

Hi!! So I actually have an interview for temple in November too! Maybe we will be in the same one! When is yours? I'm not quite sure the turn around time for Temple. I didn't apply to Salus or Jefferson but I know Salus and Jefferson has reviewed applications according to this forum!
It’s on November 4th! How about you?
And I know I saw a few people say that but I’m getting worried that I haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't get worried I'm sure you will hear back soon! Mine is November 4th too!

Don't get worried I'm sure you will hear back soon! Mine is November 4th too!
Oh awesome so we’ll probably see each other! Do you know how it works at all? Obviously it’s a group interview but I’m not sure how they do it!

Me either! I've been looking all over this forum to try and find information on what it could be! I have no clue what it will be like other than its group. It also seems longer for a virtual interview so I'm curious to see what it will be like!

Heard back from Jefferson! Accepted!! Is anyone planning on going there too?!

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!! Were you accepted to the Masters or OTD program? I applied to the OTD program and I’m still waiting to hear back about a decision.

Ah okay! I received an email saying my application was being reviewed about a week ago so I’ll just be patient! Congratulations on getting in! That’s so exciting!

Congrats! Unfortunately, I still haven’t heard anything about an interview, but if I got in that’s my number 1 and I would definitely go! How was the interview process?

Congrats! Unfortunately, I still haven’t heard anything about an interview, but if I got in that’s my number 1 and I would definitely go! How was the interview process?
It felt relaxed & the faculty were very welcoming! We did a short information portion followed by the interview. There were 4 people in my group & the questions were all from the same categories but each of us got a different one which was nice. We also had a small team task in groups of 2 which was fun!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have already finished my OTCAS application and have been verified but I feel like I should apply to more schools. Do you know if Temple and Jefferson are still accepting applications or do you think it's too late?

I have already finished my OTCAS application and have been verified but I feel like I should apply to more schools. Do you know if Temple and Jefferson are still accepting applications or do you think it's too late?
You can always give it a shot but I know because they are both rolling admissions that your chances would be lower if you submitted now. It’s up to you!

I had the same questions. I ended up not applying to Jefferson because I thought I missed the deadline.

I got into Jefferson's OTD program in November (interview in October) and put down a deposit! I also got into Temple in November (with a November interview) but ended up turning it down.

I got into Jefferson's OTD program in November (interview in October) and put down a deposit! I also got into Temple in November (with a November interview) but ended up turning it down.
I have my interview for the OTD program coming up as well! Do you have any tips? I honestly have no clue what to expect at this point haha

I have my interview for the OTD program coming up as well! Do you have any tips? I honestly have no clue what to expect at this point haha
In my interview, there were 4 of us candidates and 2 faculty members, and they popcorned the questions. I'm pretty sure we all answered the same questions, just in different orders. They also had an activity where we were put in breakout rooms, 2 and 2, and had to come with some kind of OT activities and goals. That was really the meat of it, and it only lasted an hour and a half. Take some deep breaths, you'll be great!

In my interview, there were 4 of us candidates and 2 faculty members, and they popcorned the questions. I'm pretty sure we all answered the same questions, just in different orders. They also had an activity where we were put in breakout rooms, 2 and 2, and had to come with some kind of OT activities and goals. That was really the meat of it, and it only lasted an hour and a half. Take some deep breaths, you'll be great!
Thanks so much for the response! I’m definitely nervous but I’m also really excited about the opportunity to interview here! I’m going to take the weekend to prepare and to just relax as much as I can beforehand!

Is anyone 100% attending Jeff and would like to make a GroupMe?

Anyone here got accepted to Salus? I did and received the Dean scholarship! Super excited :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just realized Salus requires a CHECK (haven't heard of many schools doing this) to be mailed and postmarked within 14 days of the letter....today IS the deadline for me and I'm mailing it out tomorrow. I thought it was all digital...not sure if this will bite me in the butt now.

Just realized Salus requires a CHECK (haven't heard of many schools doing this) to be mailed and postmarked within 14 days of the letter....today IS the deadline for me and I'm mailing it out tomorrow. I thought it was all digital...not sure if this will bite me in the butt now.
I’m sure if you email they will be understanding!

Hi everyone! I find myself searching through larger forums to find out if people got interviews/acceptances to schools in or around the Philadelphia area, and I thought it might be helpful to have a separate forum to make it easier to talk about with each other.

Personally, I applied to the Masters programs at Gwynedd Mercy, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, and Salus. I know Gwynedd Mercy doesn't review applications until February, but have people heard back from Temple/TJU/Salus or any others that I didn't apply to (like Usciences, etc.)??

I have an interview set up for November for Temple, but haven't heard much from TJU or Salus.

Lastly I thought this could be beneficial to talk about the interviewing processes at these schools and how quickly decisions are received post-interview...and whatever else!
I interviewed with TJU in October and was accepted ~2 weeks later. I also interviewed with Temple in the beginning of November and was accepted about a week later!

Hi there:) I’m applying to Salus this cycle & was curious on the hours and gpa you had??
I had a 3.6 GPA in undergrad and 4.0 prereq GPA. I had over 150 hours in a variety of settings (hand therapy clinic, pediatrics) and I also worked as a Registered Behavior Technician and had 3 years of experience working with children and youth with ASD

Jeff (OTD):
- Applied on September 7th
- Interviewed on October 22nd
- Accepted on November 11th with a merit scholarship

Temple:
- Applied on September 16th
- Interviewed on November 11th
- Accepted on November 17th