Philadephia Vs Kansas Vs Marian University for the DO Program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cricketer2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently a four year undergraduate student in Canada (Ontario). I am planning on applying to a DO program in the USA... The purpose of creating this thread is to gather some information on which USA Universities provide the best DO Programs, in terms of facilities, opportunities, fees, etc... I would love to hear the opinions of others on that.

In addition, I have found 3 Universities that most interest me:

1. Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Kansas City University
3. Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine

Out of these three which one do you think would be the best option? Which one should I aim for? Furthermore, if you have any better options other than those three I would love to hear your views on that as well!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Google "PCOM vs KCU" or "PCOM vs Marian" or "KCU vs Marian"

You'll find what you're looking for.

Reactions: 1 users
Also, it's a very minor (and common) oversight, but KCU is in Missouri. There are few things that annoy Kansas Citians more than thinking the whole city is in Kansas. When in reality, nearly everything of any importance whatsoever is on the MO side.

But, since you're Canadian, this transgression is understandable. It just wouldn't look smooth to say in an interview "I could see myself in Kansas for med school, the people are so nice!" Because there's exactly one med school in KS and it's not KCU.

Source: am a former Kansan, and later a former Kansas Citian.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what the point of this thread is. You haven't gotten into any of these schools (yet). As a Canadian, you should apply broadly to maximize your chances and if you happen to get into multiple programs, then you can make a thread like this.