This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PT1212

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to start this thread to share timelines/interview info/acceptances etc. for all the DPT programs in Philly. I know some interviews have already started, and I'm sure we're all anxiously waiting to hear back from our schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to TJU and Widener (Close enough I consider it Philly). TJU I applied in July and received acceptance in September. Widener I applied in August, received interview offer shortly after in September, and my interview is the end of this week (October).

I interviewed with Temple earlier this week (group virtual interview bc I'm abroad) but haven't heard anything from Thomas Jefferson yet. I applied to both mid September

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to TJU and Widener (Close enough I consider it Philly). TJU I applied in July and received acceptance in September. Widener I applied in August, received interview offer shortly after in September, and my interview is the end of this week (October).
Congrats on TJU! Did you interview for them too?

Congrats on TJU! Did you interview for them too?
Thank you! I did not interview for TJU. I just got an acceptance letter and then they hold events for admitted students. Update: I also got in to Widener but I declined. I am waiting on one more school but am likely to attend TJU!

I applied to Temple, TJU, Saint Joe's, and Widener. I have only heard back from Temple so far which I received an interview for! Any updates for anyone else?

I applied to Temple, TJU, Saint Joe's, and Widener. I have only heard back from Temple so far which I received an interview for! Any updates for anyone else?
I applied to Temple, Saint Joe's and Widener; have heard back with an interview for Temple and Saint Joe's, but nothing from Widener yet.

Any Drexel applicants/interview candidates? I have my interview on December 2.

I applied there, and the only thing I’ve heard back is the big envelope they mailed today to tell me about their program 😂

I interviewed for Temple and got accepted I think 4-5 days later so it was a really quick turnaround! My interview was virtual

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Drexel was my favorite interview! Super laid back and more of a conversation. Their turnaround time after the interview was like a week or something

Drexel was my favorite interview! Super laid back and more of a conversation. Their turnaround time after the interview was like a week or something
Hey Donia! Did you commit to a school yet? My name is Rachel, I believe we interviewed for UMB together!

Hi!!! No I have not yet, currently still debating between Columbia and Arcadia, what about you!
Those are two really good schools! I am likely attending TJ as I am familiar with Philly and its not far from home. I am still anxious to hear from UMB though because I really liked that interview. But I have never been to Baltimore so not sure if I would commit there over Philly! It is a hard choice to make.

Those are two really good schools! I am likely attending TJ as I am familiar with Philly and its not far from home. I am still anxious to hear from UMB though because I really liked that interview. But I have never been to Baltimore so not sure if I would commit there over Philly! It is a hard choice to make.
How long after your UMBC interview did you get an offer to attend? Mine interview is next week.

How long after your UMBC interview did you get an offer to attend? Mine interview is next week.
They do not extend any offers until all the interviews are complete. If I remember correctly the last interview date is December 7th. They told us that offers are extended via phone with an email follow-up starting December 12th. We had our interview in October so it is a long waiting period, to say the least.

UMBC said they won’t send admissions offers until they interview everyone. They’ll send offers the week of December 12.

I interviewed for Temple and got accepted I think 4-5 days later so it was a really quick turnaround! My interview was virtual

A couple of us have our interviews with them in 2 weeks. Do you remember any of the questions?

A couple of us have our interviews with them in 2 weeks. Do you remember any of the questions?
Hmm mine was like a 2 hour long session where roughly 1.5 hrs was just an info session with a long Q&A for them about the program. Then we had about 20 mins for the actual interview part LOL. There were other students so it was a group interview which means they basically only had time to ask us 3-5 questions. Sorry I don't remember any specifically but there were some that were personal (like a challenging experience or something along those lines) and more factual ones like qualities you think are important. Good luck!

Can someone advise on the Arcadia 2-year residential DPT program (not the hybrid/online DPT)? Is this an accelerated program? I know some may feel good about graduating in just two years. But how do you feel about learning everything in 2 years vs 3? Do you get the same level of learning and clinical experience in such short time frame?

Can someone advise on the Arcadia 2-year residential DPT program (not the hybrid/online DPT)? Is this an accelerated program? I know some may feel good about graduating in just two years. But how do you feel about learning everything in 2 years vs 3? Do you get the same level of learning and clinical experience in such short time frame?
Im not in the program but I intend on joining the upcoming class for the hybrid option. I've talked to a lot of students about it that are currently in the program. Although it is an accelerated program, they do one class at a time so that it is tolerable and not overwhelming. Meaning one class runs for 3 weeks, then the next one after that.

Im not in the program but I intend on joining the upcoming class for the hybrid option. I've talked to a lot of students about it that are currently in the program. Although it is an accelerated program, they do one class at a time so that it is tolerable and not overwhelming. Meaning one class runs for 3 weeks, then the next one after that.
Thanks. That's very helpful. Do you know by any chance the acceptance rate at Arcadia DPT, mainly for the residential program?

Thanks. That's very helpful. Do you know by any chance the acceptance rate at Arcadia DPT, mainly for the residential program?
Im honestly not sure but from what I recall I dont think a lot of DPT programs put up their acceptance rate as it varies per year based on number of applicants.

Got into Drexel! Any one else hear back today?

I interviewed with both Drexel and Temple back in September and am 99% sure I'll be attending Drexel!!

Posting a housing opportunity for PT students starting this year-

Charming three-bedroom, one-bath apartment located in Jenkintown, PA. Ten-minute walk from Jenkintown-Wyncote SEPTA station, twenty-five minute train ride to Center City Philadelphia (Temple, Jefferson, Suburban, and 30th Street Stations). Five-minute walk to the heart of Jenkintown; quaint, walkable town with lovely cafes, delicious restaurants, and small-business shops. Currently, one bedroom rented to physical therapy student, two bedrooms becoming available April 1, 2023. Perfect for graduate students (Jefferson, Salus, Arcadia students, etc.), clinical rotations (TJUH, Temple, Abington, Chestnut Hill Hospital, Holy Redeemer, etc.) $900/month per room, all utilities & wifi included.

Posting a housing opportunity for PT students starting this year-

Charming three-bedroom, one-bath apartment located in Jenkintown, PA. Ten-minute walk from Jenkintown-Wyncote SEPTA station, twenty-five minute train ride to Center City Philadelphia (Temple, Jefferson, Suburban, and 30th Street Stations). Five-minute walk to the heart of Jenkintown; quaint, walkable town with lovely cafes, delicious restaurants, and small-business shops. Currently, one bedroom rented to physical therapy student, two bedrooms becoming available April 1, 2023. Perfect for graduate students (Jefferson, Salus, Arcadia students, etc.), clinical rotations (TJUH, Temple, Abington, Chestnut Hill Hospital, Holy Redeemer, etc.) $900/month per room, all utilities & wifi included.
Interested in this!!