PhD in Clinical Psych - CUNY Queens vs. City College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gradschoolapplicant18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to apply to a CUNY PhD program in clinical psych this year and I'm trying to decide whether to apply to the Queens program or the City College program... Can anyone share their experiences/knowledge about either PhD program? Also, does anyone know how many applications each receives?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to apply to a CUNY PhD program in clinical psych this year and I'm trying to decide whether to apply to the Queens program or the City College program... Can anyone share their experiences/knowledge about either PhD program? Also, does anyone know how many applications each receives?

Thanks a lot!

Hey, I applied to CUNY queens last year. Although I didn't get in, I got the gist that CUNY queens is neuropsych/behavioral neuroscience focused and CUNY City college is a more general clinical psychology program. If you are deciding between applying to either of them, check out the faculty and see who you would be more interested in doing research with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Queens has a hard neuropsych lean and that is reflected in the research of much of the faculty as dr. bubbles expressed. Both are good programs with great faculty. I would apply depending on which faculty you want to work with.

But aside from that, I'm just going to add that Queens is arguably the best borough in NYC and anyone that tells you it's Brooklyn is a liar.

Reactions: 2 users
But aside from that, I'm just going to add that Queens is arguably the best borough in NYC and anyone that tells you it's Brooklyn is a liar.
It's brooklyn :p, but I'd have to agree with the other posts. I know graduates of the CUNY city college program, and it is more general clinical psych and is still a hardcore program.